Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Mixing Expansions in different languages? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcello Rosa
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hey everybody!

I have a question... So I have Eldritch Horror + MoM (which is the only expansion current available in my country, Brazil). I always wanted to have Forsaken Lore, but its been out of print here for years now and I don't know if it will ever be back.

I am considering buying FL and SR in english since me and my group are ok with the language. My question is, will mixing cards in english and portuguese ruin the experience in any way? My main concern are the double sided cards, like if I see a card in english I will immediately know the effect on its back because the other copies are in portuguese? (this would be the case considering if some of the conditions are the same as the base game and the expansion add only one extra copy of it, but I dont know the contents of the expansions).

Sorry if I made any mistakes on my writing, or if my question sounded confusing / not clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has the card list for Forsaken Lore:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1165645/cards-cards-everywh...

Here is the card list for Strange Remnants:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/177182/eldritch-horror-s...

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akwos wrote:
My main concern are the double sided cards, like if I see a card in english I will immediately know the effect on its back because the other copies are in portuguese? (this would be the case considering if some of the conditions are the same as the base game and the expansion add only one extra copy of it, but I dont know the contents of the expansions).

You'll definitely hit this, I'm afraid - Foresaken Lore at the least added 2 more copies of every Spell in the base game, and every expansion adds new copies of some base game conditions like Dark Pact and Blessed.

For spells I wouldn't worry about it too much, but for Conditions - and especially Dark Pacts - I'd find that a bit annoying, personally. However, it's not going to be game-breaking, and you could come up with some elaborate solution such as when you actually come to flip a Condition, shuffle it back into the deck, then get a new one at random and immediately flip it. Forsaken Lore and Strange Remnants are definitely good enough expansions to warrant some slight annoyances!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.