Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They always go face down, right? I assumed this, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the rules. And IIRC, one location specifically says to put a card (or multiple cards?) face down in its instructions, which seemed odd.

We played that cards always went face down, and you couldn't peek at them before using the space. There was one location in particular where that was a bit interesting. I don't have the game in front of me right now, but it was something about discarding cards and having to match book types in the location pile, so it was a bit similar to Gambler's Den in that respect the way we ruled it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cards on locations are always face-down, right?
Nope, they always go FACE UP. (With the exception of the Mystery Shack, where the 4 cards are dealt face down.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cards on locations are always face-down, right?
Oh wow. Seems like that would lead to some major slowdown at the beginning of each round as all players look through all the piles to see what they want to do. We had quite a few permanent locations with stack of cards last night due to the way the locations happened to come out. On the other hand, it would give those actions more meaning for sure instead of being a bit of a crap shoot.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Edit: I also edited the subject since I was making a wrong assumption, apparently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than a single pile on each location, splay the face-up cards vertically so that the vital information (i.e., the category symbols) are visible. That way everyone can see what's where at a glance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Yates
United States
Olsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
Rather than a single pile on each location, splay the face-up cards vertically so that the vital information (i.e., the category symbols) are visible. That way everyone can see what's where at a glance.

Exactly. That's what the instructions tell you to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.