19 Posts

Darkest Night: The Small Hours» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone Heard Anything? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With DK 2.0 delivering to bakers I'm assuming Small Hours will also start shipping soon. For those of us who had missed the pre-orders, had anyone heard any possible date the few extras printed might become available? Would really like to complete my first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a horrible feeling that there weren't enough copies printed to cater for everyone who bought the first edition, and that there won't be any copies feeding into retail.....

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, though....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've got a horrible feeling that there weren't enough copies printed to cater for everyone who bought the first edition, and that there won't be any copies feeding into retail.....

I'll be happy to be proven wrong, though....

You're half-right, certainly. I don't think we have enough for the distribution chain, certainly, so you won't be seeing this is stores.

Did we make enough copies to cater to everyone? Ultimately, no -- I mean, we will sell out of these at some point, right? And then one more person will want one, and so -- no, we didn't make enough to cater to everyone. This is why you could reserve a copy, so we were sure to manufacture it for you. It's not like we can go back and make more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't planning on it hitting distribution, but if extras are offered through the website I'm hoping to know they're there soon enough to snag one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Making enough for "everyone who bought the first edition" would be crazy; no expansion sells to 100% of base game owners, and generally later expansions sell less.

At the time VPG shut down their POD lines, the first expansion had been printed about 2/3 as much as the base game, the second expansion about 1/2 as much, the third expansion about 1/3 as much, the fourth expansion about 1/4 as much, and the last promo about 1/5 as much as the base game (including bundles containing them). A new expansion would be unlikely to outsell those even if there weren't a second edition competing with it.

I think the number of capstones manufactured was around 1.7 times the number that were preordered. It's not a trivial amount by any means, but I will not be surprised if they sell out.

AFAIK there was never a plan to get the capstone into stores (and I doubt many stores would want to buy an expansion for a discontinued edition, anyway). If you want one, I recommend you order one directly from VPG when they start selling them (which should be very soon now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the price of the capstone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like this has gone a little far afield due to the first commenter. I never expected to be able to find this outside of the VPG website, and was aware the manufacturing run did not include many extras. Was hoping to get a bead on possible date they'd be available so I can make sure to order one and not miss out (I'm subbed to newsletter). Would hate to forget and find out a week or two later that they had come and gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know the date certain the Capstone will go live on the VPG site. But if you get the newsletter, it won't be a secret. Just keep watching the VPG newsletters to keep you up to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as Alan is in here... Any chance to get the new bigger board? I'm sure it's not worth the cost of printing the extra, but after buying all 1st edition plus capstone, it'd be nice... Hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any chance to get the new bigger board?

We did not print extras for sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is inappropriate, but... Any chance of getting an updates to 2nd edition as well for digital version, Alan? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Any chance of getting an updates to 2nd edition as well for digital version, Alan?

Digital version of what, exactly? The entire game? We're waiting to hear from licensors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing YM C is referring to the Tabletop Simulator version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Digital version of what, exactly? The entire game? We're waiting to hear from licensors.

Yea, Jeremy is right. I'm referring to Tabletop Simulator version.
Any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have not yet discussed this with the Tabletopia people. So, a chance? Yes. If? When? I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who was too much of a Scrooge to pre-order, but enough of a fan to own everything made so far for 1st edition, is there somewhere we can sign up to be notified when they go for sale for us people who destroy Christmas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks to me like it's live in the VPG store now:
https://www.victorypointgames.com/darkest-night-the-small-ho...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is - order placed. Even though the final price will be around 123 USD including import taxes and fees. Need all the Darkest Night, and won't have anything but the charm of the original edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, SMALL HOURS ORDERING is NOT open; it is only open for those who pre-ordered and have a coupon code which we are sending out to those pre-order customers presently.

After they have had sufficient time to place their orders, we will release the remainder of the stock of SMALL HOURS to other customers -- THEN we will take orders!

We will announce the official release of the remaindered games in about a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.