Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb

Type of expedition: Cartography

Day 1 - We descended from the mountains and, by the foot of them, found an unnamed lake. We found remains of a village, long drown in the waters. This made us feel uneasy, but we did replenish our water flasks and bathe.

Day 2 - Our scout found that the lake was much bigger than we thought, blocking our northeast path. Our way to southeast lead us again to a group of mountains.

Day 3 - We weren't able to keep going. Luckily, we found a peaceful village that helped us with food. Regardless, the men are restless.

Day 4 - Our travel continued northeast, within the mountain range. We found another village of peaceful natives, and they lead us to a marvelous place - a sacred ruin of an ancient people. These people carved the mountains with great ability and build a fabulous city of stone, one that resisted the passing of time, even if the very builders didn't.

Day 5 - Finally some change - we are still high, but want into an unexplored forest. The place seems good enough for a camp, and hunting brought food, which isn't a concern so far - the land has been good to us.

Day 6 - We continued going down and reached a large plain, almost featureless, if wasn't by the river that cuts it, and by a wonderful construction, made from stones probably brought from the mountains, God knows how, as the size of the boulders are tremendous. There is likely some religious importance to them, but we weren't able to discover more. Quite beautiful, nonetheless.

Day 7 - Although northeast isn't the way we should be heading, due to how easy it was to proceed in it, we followed the plains and found a small village. And, much to our surprise, a fellow traveler, Diego Mendoza, was there, healing and learning. With our arrival, he asked to go with us, and I allowed. In spite of our dad start, after the ambush, our days are going quite well - thank the Lord!

Day 8 - Progress keep going fast. Still, we entered in a thick forest and had to slow down. Yet, as we are now heading southeast and hunting was plentiful and easy, moral is quite high.

Day 9 - We left the Forest for more plains, which is welcome, as we can travel faster and with less risk of attacks from beasts and men. By the stars, I calculate that, with good weather and no injuries, we can reach the sea in a week or so.

Day 10 - We had to wait and build camp. Weather is awful, but hunting was, again, good enough to keep our stock secure.

Day 11 - The rain weakened a little, thus we kept going, entering another patch of dense forest. The river is loud and high, so we considered best to wait until tomorrow to cross it.

Day 12 - We still didn't crossed the river, and the Forest continued, so travelling wasn't fast. However, the Lord is on our side, and although for several days we are trying to avoid contact with the natives of the region, we stumbled on a village and worried that problems could happen. But our fears didn't came true, as the people there was friendly and gave us shelter and food in exchange for some trinkets we had on us. A pleasant night after two terrible ones under the rain.

Day 13 - We crossed the river with the help of the friendly natives. Even more, they send with us two of their own, including one woman, Princess Kantyi - I advised against it, since men are men, but she seemed not afraid. I ordered the men to not touch either of them. Now, with guides, our path could be faster and easier.

Day 14 - Progress with the guides was, as expected, great. They found a trail that will surely help us. Though we don't understand the language well enough to communicate fully, we did understand that our goal is near. Maybe we will reach it before the end of next week, as celebrate Saint Gertrude's Day in the beach, waiting for rescue and our home.

Day 15
- Finally we were out of the humid forest, and walked into some rolling hills. We can almost smell the tang of the sea. Weather is much better. Our supply of food is running low, but we should have enough for this last leg of the journey, as God is with us.

Day 16 - The sea! The Lord be praised! We survived the dark days, now will only be a matter to be vigilant and wait for rescue. Everything will be well, I'm sure, as when we got closer to the beach, we had an incredible sight; a huge tree harboring hundreds of white birds, that flew when we got near, in a heavenly spiral of wings. The angels are with us! We cannot fail or die, while we keep our faith. God bless anyone that reads this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be doing something wrong. To complete it in 16 days means you have to travel everyday. Every time I move it seems to take a couple of turns to replenish my movement points.

Do days only pass if you travel? If so, how many turns did you take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
aleuhe wrote:
I must be doing something wrong. To complete it in 16 days means you have to travel everyday. Every time I move it seems to take a couple of turns to replenish my movement points.

Do days only pass if you travel? If so, how many turns did you take?

No, no. You are probably doing right. Just for the sake of flow, I took away all the days it would be written:

"Day X: I thought we would advance, but found a village. Retraced our steps. Moral is down. Still stuck."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Herring
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Always thought it weird you only travel every 2-3 turns on average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ma De
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For storytelling purpose, the "boring" days could be left out but still counted, thus your journaling is skipping some days. It makes a good read, because the readers must imagine what happened during the lapses. And it makes the trip appear more heroic (eg 32 days in the wild vs 16)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.