Subject: Dungeon Master and Dark Master Kit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I didn't get the Dungeon Master Kit in the KS ( for which I take is the same thing in the store now called the Dark Master Kit - nice change, sounds better ).

It talks about a 5th player Advanced Game with a Dungeon Master in the KS, etc. Does the core rules discuss how to use this? Doesn't say it comes with rules or anything. Is this just a way to customize the game any way you want ( e.g. as an aid for coming up with house rules ) or is this DarkLight themed content to pay with an RPG like D&D or other fantasy RPG's?

Anyways, looks cool, just not sure how it's intended to be employed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
gelaar wrote:
So, I didn't get the Dungeon Master Kit in the KS ( for which I take is the same thing in the store now called the Dark Master Kit - nice change, sounds better ).

It talks about a 5th player Advanced Game with a Dungeon Master in the KS, etc. Does the core rules discuss how to use this? Doesn't say it comes with rules or anything. Is this just a way to customize the game any way you want ( e.g. as an aid for coming up with house rules ) or is this DarkLight themed content to pay with an RPG like D&D or other fantasy RPG's?

You will find rules within the base game to play with the 5th player which will be the Dark Master. This turns the game more into a Roleplaying game.

The Dark Master Kit as stated on the website is all the cardboard components which comes with t he base game + cards and archways to expand the capability of the dungeon master and make bigger dungeons or just reuse more pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
gelaar wrote:

You will find rules within the base game to play with the 5th player which will be the Dark Master. This turns the game more into a Roleplaying game.

The Dark Master Kit as stated on the website is all the cardboard components which comes with t he base game + cards and archways to expand the capability of the dungeon master and make bigger dungeons or just reuse more pieces.

Very cool, thank you so much! When I see it in stock, I'll get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Some kickstarters I go all in and regret it, sell the extras, etc. This is one I can say without a doubt I do not regret. I have never maintained this level of hype for this long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
gelaar wrote:
MauroP wrote:
gelaar wrote:

Very cool, thank you so much! When I see it in stock, I'll get it.

I would love to get this but I can't see my playing a DM, certainly not in the near future but what happens if I do find people and it isn't sold anymore.

Bah, curse you FOMO!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
The FOMO is real... But really the good news is the Dark Master kit is not only optional, it's not even actually required to play the RPG version of Darklight. It's quite simply just a nice option, for those who want a bit more, and to those who want to play the RPG rules all they need is the core box, nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
yipiyip wrote:
The FOMO is real... But really the good news is the Dark Master kit is not only optional, it's not even actually required to play the RPG version of Darklight. It's quite simply just a nice option, for those who want a bit more, and to those who want to play the RPG rules all they need is the core box, nothing else.

Oh wow must of missed that, hmm still in two minds about it, haven't been this hyped. I have sold and cancelled quite a few KS recently but this I have a good gut feeling about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Yeah, and if you go to Darkicegames website you'll be able to find the downloads, where you can get the rulebook for free. In the back there's a section where you can check out the rules for the rpg, completely free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now we just need to get the game shipped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
yipiyip wrote:
Yeah, and if you go to Darkicegames website you'll be able to find the downloads, where you can get the rulebook for free. In the back there's a section where you can check out the rules for the rpg, completely free!

Yeah I have seen that, thanks but I wasn't aware it could be played without this kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
( banging on the door of the web store ) ... OPEN UP! I demand you take more of my money for more cool stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Too true, I went all in and I still want more. Is it too much to ask that we get new expansions so I can buy them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a n
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you planning 1 or more expansion(s)....even only a missions manual's; which could require this optional set?

In general, considering the amount of ideas, notes, unused stuff......are you guys planning something like the old Wq? I mean mini-box expansions with new charaters, monsters, tiles ecc...

Would you so nice to offer some free new quests o mini-campaigns, once the game came out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
oberon76h wrote:
Are you planning 1 or more expansion(s)....even only a missions manual's; which could require this optional set?

In general, considering the amount of ideas, notes, unused stuff......are you guys planning something like the old Wq? I mean mini-box expansions with new charaters, monsters, tiles ecc...

Would you so nice to offer some free new quests o mini-campaigns, once the game came out?

The future of Darklight, or rather of DIG, really depends on how well the game does in the following months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count on us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
oberon76h wrote:

The future of Darklight, or rather of DIG, really depends on how well the game does in the following months.

I can help you with that - when will the shop have stock? Or are you referring to another metric other than sales to determine how well it'll do? The art/theme is awesome, would be cool to get more of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Well, I'd want the game to sell well and fast (at least fast enough for a reprint) and to have a dedicate fan base which will support the game.

What I am also hoping to see a lot is people adding and sharing their own ideas to the game. I want to see tons of new locations to visit at the Settlements, or even more activities at the existing ones (like expanding on the Tavern).

Ultimately the real question is: Is there any real profit by the time we sold the last copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
Ultimately the real question is: Is there any real profit by the time we sold the last copy?

Man, I so hope so, you guys earned it. This is such a sharp, good looking game, great art and creativity. So so love the theme devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
I am already on the fan-made expansions... I was thinking of doing a "Time Travel" theme. It would utilize the Arcane Room as it's "quest room" and the Dark Master kit would be required, so as to have two copies of a few rooms, especially the Arcane Room. The idea would be it's a short dungeon, most likely just a few cards with no splits allowed (remove them along with quest rooms before making the deck). Then when the Accursed find the Arcane room, the exits to that room are caved in. But by using the ritual circle, they'll port over to an identical dungeon, in the "Past". The idea being they're trying to prevent a catastrophe (the reason the rest of the dungeon is caved in) or to retrieve some item from the caved-in portion.

I'm probably going to refine it a lot before I post it here, and won't post until I've been able to play some to get a feel for the quests, but hopefully it works. (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
yipiyip wrote:
I am already on the fan-made expansions... I was thinking of doing a "Time Travel" theme. It would utilize the Arcane Room as it's "quest room" and the Dark Master kit would be required, so as to have two copies of a few rooms, especially the Arcane Room. The idea would be it's a short dungeon, most likely just a few cards with no splits allowed (remove them along with quest rooms before making the deck). Then when the Accursed find the Arcane room, the exits to that room are caved in. But by using the ritual circle, they'll port over to an identical dungeon, in the "Past". The idea being they're trying to prevent a catastrophe (the reason the rest of the dungeon is caved in) or to retrieve some item from the caved-in portion.

I'm probably going to refine it a lot before I post it here, and won't post until I've been able to play some to get a feel for the quests, but hopefully it works. (:

Sounds like a pretty neat idea

Also, could be interesting to reach a point in time when the Grim Warden was not present yet, who knows might change some other game mechanics.

Having a DM to create an Intermundis before the Soul Plague, explore life like some living museum
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
Hm. Could someone actually catch a soul before the soul plague? If they go back to before the Grim Warden, would their magic still work? Questions that I find interesting. After all, the magic comes from demons. So did the soul plague create them, or just release them, it's sort of an in-game philosophical quandery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
yipiyip wrote:
Hm. Could someone actually catch a soul before the soul plague? If they go back to before the Grim Warden, would their magic still work? Questions that I find interesting. After all, the magic comes from demons. So did the soul plague create them, or just release them, it's sort of an in-game philosophical quandery.

Good questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary rucker
msg tools
The kind of good questions I want my players to ask, and look forward to answering as a Dark Master!

I'll just have to be patient until I have a chance to look at more equipment and quests to really make my own locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.