Subject: Card Holders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded the current card holders (Sleeved Cards) I made for this game to Thingiverse.

I keep my cards in a wooden box and thus I needed card holders that can eeasily be extracted from the box when its time to play, and thus came up with this design for it.

Will continue to put them up as I go along. Hope someone here might find them useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barnett
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morphie wrote:
I uploaded the current card holders (Sleeved Cards) I made for this game to Thingiverse.

I keep my cards in a wooden box and thus I needed card holders that can eeasily be extracted from the box when its time to play, and thus came up with this design for it.

Will continue to put them up as I go along. Hope someone here might find them useful!

This is awesome! I just bought a 3D printer last week and have been looking for useful board game upgrades. I will definitely be printing these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!
I just recenty switched to printing stuff instead of using foamcore. Love it so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just missing the last expansion now, here is the project so far:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2771150

The weather here does not allow for painting, but will update as soon as that is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Have you considered a version that staggers the location of the tab, like in a filing system? That way, when you have everything tightly packed, you can still see a fair chunk of the sets with ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EldritchNyarlathotep wrote:
Have you considered a version that staggers the location of the tab, like in a filing system? That way, when you have everything tightly packed, you can still see a fair chunk of the sets with ease.

Yeah, but if the font of the dividers requires a raise of say ~8mm per divider, there is no way that I can see to accomplish this in a way that makes it possible to store away.
If you come up with something that works, please share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I'm thinking something like the way an index card file works, with the next tab shifting over a couple of centimeters, so that it has a cascading and resuming effect.

It shouldn't require a lift, but merely a relocation of the already existing tab.

Kind of like this:

You might just have three tab placements. Left, center, right, which would mean only having to create the center-placed tab file, then swapping your existing left-sided tab file to right-sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that would work, although maybe one should then completely remove the rounded cut-out from the backside?

Personally I use printed dividers within the holders and only use the printed tab for picking up/dropping down the holders in the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
True, a curvy backside is never necessary. But when it comes to visual aesthetics, it sure is nice.

I wonder, though. Would cutting back on material (keeping the curve) make printing more affordable? I've only ever ordered things printed off Thingiverse or from sellers on Etsy. I don't have my own 3d printer, so I have no idea what the variances are in terms of cost/time to print for such a simple thing as a curving edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.