Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike iapezzuto
United States
bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have a contract card for space E that don't need a worker and there are 3 players on that space that have workers on the space do I go first to play my contract card or does the player that has his worker on the first spot on the E space could play his contract card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taranto
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe contract cards -always- trigger - in player order - from the first player marker. After all contract cards, then the spaces activate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike iapezzuto
United States
bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I don't think so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Vogler
United States
Maryville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From page 5 in the rulebook- Contract Cards
Contract cards have effects printed on the middle part of card that modify the action you are taking or change the rules in your favour. They also have a scoring bonus on the top part that is used at the end of the game.
Before the first action is resolved for an Action Area, players may play Contract cards.
In clockwise order beginning with the Start Player, each player may play one or more Contract cards that have the current Action Area shown at the bottom left of the card. When a Contract card has been played, turn it sideways to show that its effect has been used and leave the card in the player’s area. Card effect persist until the end of the current round.

David T is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the_windcaster wrote:
I believe contract cards -always- trigger - in player order - from the first player marker. After all contract cards, then the spaces activate.

Correct, but the contracts are resolved Action Area by Action Area. So when starting Action Area A contracts are resolved that are relative to that area, then the actions in that area are resolved. Then move on to Action Area B. Contracts that are relative to that area are resolved, then move on to actions in that area. Then move on to the next Action Area and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
the_windcaster wrote:

Correct, but the contracts are resolved Action Area by Action Area. So when starting Action Area A contracts are resolved that are relative to that area, then the actions in that area are resolved. Then move on to Action Area B. Contracts that are relative to that area are resolved, then move on to actions in that area. Then move on to the next Action Area and so on.

I'm guessing he was replying to the OP's example for space E, and saying all contract cards are resolved in player order and then resolve that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike iapezzuto
United States
bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got it now, Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.