Hide
7 Posts

Santorini» Forums » General

Subject: Since Santorini is nowhere to be found in EU we built our own set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Söder
msg tools

We didn't have the miniatures so we used eraser(?)-animals.
So I think we changed the theme to: "Animals -with godly powers- trying to escape the zoo by getting to the 3rd floor, while also trying to block other animals from escaping"

I first made a quick 3D sketch to see if the size of the blocks looked good:

And here's a progress photo:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great!

But Santorini is in the EU now, just so you are aware. If you have a favourite store that is having trouble stocking it, please have them email us at info@roxley.com and we'll get them connected to Spin Master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Söder
msg tools
mind_ranger wrote:
Looks great!

But Santorini is in the EU now, just so you are aware. If you have a favourite store that is having trouble stocking it, please have them email us at info@roxley.com and we'll get them connected to Spin Master.

Thank you!

Actually I did just that, and the store answered "They [Spin Master] are not too keen on shipping outside of USA at the moment, we hope that this will change"
This was at the beginning of January, so maybe it has changed. I still can't see it being available anywhere (in Sweden) though.

Also, I don't work in retail, but I assumed it was the publicist/manufacturers job to contact retailers about an available product.. and not the other way around.

The store said the previous print sold out quickly, so I assume most stores would like to have in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that looks great. even better then retail. well done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, Stefan.

If this was any other one of our games I would definitely already be following up personally with your store, and not leaving the burden on someone else. But we are no longer the distributors of Santorini so the best I can do is refer people to each other. I'm sorry to hear Spin Master is not working with your store on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nicely done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy G
msg tools
My 10 year old daughter was very keen to play Santorini. As it is still unavailable in Europe, like you, she made her own version but out of Lego. It works very well and I don't think we will bother now to purchase the real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.