Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc H
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cat finally completes the tribute to Alien/Aliens. This is pur-fect. I can't believe I'm going to spend $43 on this, but how can I not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh you basically have to, it looks amazing. I'm so excited to paint this game. And play it of course but DANG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Al

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, completely agree. However I am now in questioning territory as the complete package (core+all contents except art book) is about $225 USD. That is insane. I had the same problem with GKR and Human Interface, and I pulled out of those campaigns completely. so....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
reaper373 wrote:
That is insane.

That is dirt cheap for a huge miniatures game with tons of really well done models, lots and lots of different ways to play, and semi co-op, full co-op, AND solo modes. The only thing that sucks is the dollar is weaker since I pledged so now my pledge is $10 more thanks to exchange rate. Because of that I'll probably add the rest of the funds in the pledge manager. Though I suppose it could get worse that way too before they collect the funds.

It's about $162 for all gameplay content, assuming you missed the free medic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc H
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to go all-in (I may skip the art book since I have little people at home), but I sure hope the gameplay will be worth it. I've watched some of the full play-throughs and I'm optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Grimm
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
It looks awesome. Reminds me of dead space a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They sound pretty awesome, but the Metagorgers and Shamblers legs make me wonder how well the miniatures will turn out. I think they'd be fine as resin if you were taking them of sprues, but as soft plastic I could see both models arriving squished and the low area for a connection to the base seems like a minor bump would lodge them loose.

I kind of wonder if they'll add some environment or more body horror to the leg so that there's more attachment to the base. Maybe there'll be some kitty paws at the bottom Metagorgers. That would at least keep them from separating. I guess there's always hot water to straighten them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenic
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Would you ever really want to see an angel?
mbmbmbmbmb
Any opinions/info on how this expansion changes gameplay? If you're just swapping out one set of monsters for another, and then still trying to complete the same objectives, what's being added?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wilson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dommer2029 wrote:
Any opinions/info on how this expansion changes gameplay? If you're just swapping out one set of monsters for another, and then still trying to complete the same objectives, what's being added?

Because while the regular aliens are very similar to the standard Alien found in the movies, the Carnomorphs eat you slowly and with fierce attrocity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doc_H wrote:
The cat finally completes the tribute to Alien/Aliens. This is pur-fect. I can't believe I'm going to spend $43 on this, but how can I not?

I thought it was a free item added on the stretch goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nano
msg tools
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Doc_H wrote:

I thought it was a free item added on the stretch goal.

It was, later on, not at the time DocH posted this. He's referring to the background story about the Carnomorphs (all the mess starts with the cat), not the cat mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc H
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Voidseeder species is a second alien set and it is a stretch goal. The carnomorph species is a third and is not an included stretch goal, but an add-on you can pay for if so desired. Early in the campaign, backers voted for which would be a free SG and which would be a paid add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc H
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see confusion. Yes, my bad. Cats...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.