Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both CodeNames and this one CodeNames Duet.

Since both are both word (not picture) games can I mix or use either set of cards? I would still need to use the key from Duet since it is unique to this game, so I'm good with that.

If someone has both of someone knows, I would appreciate that.

Thank you,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can.

I am pretty sure it says in the rulebook that you can. You could even use the pictures if you wanted. The game still works the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done exactly this because I have a Latvian copy of Codenames and an English copy of Duet, and this lets me play without worrying that someone might miss an obscure word or meaning or something. Haven't had any problems whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Eaton
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the words in Codenames, Codenames Duet, and the promo packs are unique. We even included a symbol on the card so that you can sort out the words later if you need to.

There is some word overlap (~40) between Codenames Duet and Codenames Deep Undercover, as many people wanted the more benign words without having to purchase the crass ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played Codenames: Duet with the Codenames: Marvel cards. That's how we learned we don't know as many Marvel characters as we thought. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.