Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Schmalz
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm terrible at this game, can't get over 44 points!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennedy
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my last game I obtained wilds at about the half way point but only used them right near the end, for what I really needed to score well. Same with the over-sized shapes from the key and apple. Plan ahead for where you can best use these and try and roll the other parts you need for this plan. I hardly use the re-rolls. Well-placed 5-square shapes fill up rooms quickly. My last game I filled 5 rooms - didn't really bother with the big rooms.

Keep working at it, it's a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennedy
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few more games I can't really see much point in finishing the big rooms? A lot of floor space to cover. Any one found it different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first (correct) play tonight I got 59 points which I felt was reasonable for my first go. I filled the two big 11 point rooms, one of the 9 point rooms and one of the 6 point rooms. I will have to try going for the smaller rooms to see if I can get more points that way. I can see that there it would definitely be possible to improve on the score I got.

Not sure I know a huge amount about strategy at this stage but the evidence pieces that give you 2 wild pieces seem to be the most useful in my opinion. And the ones that give you re-rolls aren't that great - I activated one of them but only ended up using 1 of the 4 re-rolls it gave me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kennedy
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Jess. After my first game where i completed one of the big rooms, my scores have gone up and I haven't really gone into the big spaces at all.

I have also found that the re-rolls don't get much use. Maybe because most of the time the dice results are useful enough that there's no need to take a chance on the re-roll?

I like the wild shapes. I also regularly use the larger shapes (key and apple) and the bonus points from the teapot and spy glasses.

I got 74 in my last game. Soooo close to solving. In the meantime, planning out the shape placement is a lot of fun. Still finding I end up with some empty spaces that are an awkward fit. When I crack that part I might be able to eke out the few extra points I need.

Hope you keep having fun with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.