Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
394 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Star Wars: Rebellion PBF 063 - There's a problem on the horizon. There's no horizon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome in my fifth SW:R PBF game, including Rise of the Empire expansion. Invitations will be sent to top of waiting list, skipping players already playing and those who prefer a base game.

For this one I'm offering you an optional rule which will not be used if any joining player rejects it. I'm going to upgrade all green dices a bit by replacing one blank result by a Shield symbol:

This custom symbol counts as 0 successes during opposed missions - they remain unaffected. During combat, it allows to remove one damage from one of units providing green dices, i.e. it functions like a special (lightsaber) symbol which is limited to new expansion units using green dices. So that, for example, it does not allow to remove damages from Shield Bunker, but Golan Turrets can be repaired.

A purpose of that change is to make those units less dependent on all the others using black and red dices (providing all lightsaber symbols to be used in combat so far). I also expect it to make all units a bit more durable if any those new symbols are rolled in combat - more standard symbols can be used for other units then.

1) Subscribe and visit a game thread regularly to do your turns as fast as possible.

2) If you know that you won't be able to do your move in less than 2 days (48h), please write an estimated delay time and explanation (e.g. 24.12. - 02.01. - Christmas/vacation/etc.) in a game thread. For each 2 days of not announced delay (rounding down) players will receive a warning annotated in a second post of this thread. Five warnings will allow an opponent to boot inactive player. A number of warnings and reported vacations for each player will be attached to a second post of a thread.

3) Game interrupted by booting an inactive player can be continued if a remaining player finds a new opponent willing to resume a game from a current point, within 3 days (72h) from booting an inactive player. Otherwise, a remaining player wins the game.

4) All players must have their own copies of the game - only card titles will be published.

5) Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread. Please start your geekmail subject line with "SW PBF 063" and your Faction name.

6) To speed up the game, please use Conditional Orders (i.e., geekmail me what you will do if certain circumstances arise). COs are particularly useful if you already know what you will do next. Extensive use of COs can speed up the game considerably.

7) Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussions.
* Italics for flavor texts.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail.
* It is recommended that at least Rebel player marks own in-game moves and actions additionaly by any color, preferably red for Rebels and blue or darkblue for Empire. Players are also allowed (and encouraged) to use faction banners in headers of their posts (either mine below or something looking a lot better for them). This helps a lot with keeping everything organized.

I'm going to post maps made by own tool created in GIMP instead of using Vassal module, also including following files: BMV Battle Mats, Rebellion player boards w/ Rise of Empire units included, Rebellion assistant. I hope you'll find them a lot more transparent.

Dice strings:

Black:
1custom6{iid:3020356;iid:3020356;iid:3020357;iid:3020358;iid:3020358;iid:3020359}
Red:
1custom6{iid:3020360;iid:3020360;iid:3020361;iid:3020362;iid:3020362;iid:3020363}

Green (modified):
1custom6{iid:3722487;iid:3722487;iid:3722487;iid:3864939;iid:3722488;iid:3722488}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faction

Empire

Rebellion

Reported vacations

---

---

Warnings

0/5

0/5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Setup:

1. Choose Factions and Gather Components

Factions will be assigned randomly if both players want to either play the same faction or to select them this way. At this point, no GMs have to be sent, please discuss your preferences for factions in a game thread. You can also post in your wishes for mission deck, unit setup and all other optional rules right then. This might save us some time later.

2. Place Starting Leaders

3. Prepare Game Board and Time Track

4. Prepare Objective Deck

A Rebel player draws top card from Objective deck before choosing a mission deck.

5. Prepare Action Decks

6. Prepare Tactic Decks, Markers, and Dices

7. Prepare Mission Cards

Players send a GM to moderator with their selection (either base deck, expansion deck, or a decision to select own deck randomly) and post a notification in a game thread. If random selection is chosen, it will be done in a game thread, using a roll tool, after both sides are ready.

8. Place Starting Units and Loyalty:

- I. Starting loyalty

Moderator randomly draws starting loyalty for both factions, Then both players send another GM to moderator with unit setup selection (either base unit set, expansion unit setup or a request for random selection) and post a notification in a game thread. After both sides are ready, their selection is revealed.

1) If the same option is chosen, it will be used to determine unit setup.

2) If different options are chosen and no player selected a random option, unit setup type will be determined randomly.

3) If only one of players selected a random option, that player is allowed to either accept an opponent's selection or to force a random selection.

- II. Imperial starting units' deployment
- at least one ground unit in each subjugated and Imperial loyal system (including Coruscant),
- at least 4 TIE Fighters and 1 Stormtrooper in a remote system with a Death Star Under Construction (in case of that unit setup selected).

- III. Rebel starting units' deployment
- only Rebel Base and any single selected system not containing Imperial units are available

- IV. Draw and play starting Action cards
Starting from Rebel player, both players declare if any received starting Action cards are played immediately and resolve their effects at once, if necessary.

9. Choose Base Location
Rebel player sends his choice via GM to Moderator.

10. Draw Starting Hand
Two missing cards will be sent as soon as player completes all previous steps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in. Thanks a lot for hosting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Thank you for the invite, but I must decline as the game I'm currently playing isn't even getting the time it deserves.

So another player can take the spot.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sringoot wrote:
Thank you for the invite, but I must decline as the game I'm currently playing isn't even getting the time it deserves.

Cheers!

Ah, too bad, really looked forward playing against you meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Count me in! Thanks for the invite!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, I have no problem with the custom green die, but am in no way bothered if Sebb would prefer not to have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicktenny wrote:
Also, I have no problem with the custom green die, but am in no way bothered if Sebb would prefer not to have it.

Let's roll with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sebb, do you have a preference on which side you play? If not, let’s roll for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicktenny wrote:
Sebb, do you have a preference on which side you play? If not, let’s roll for it.

As I have no preference, let the dice decide this Duel of the Fates

I will play the mighty 1custom2{Rebellious Rebellion; Evil Empire} -> ( Evil Empire) -> ( Evil Empire)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1231503. Lawldude
  • 1custom2{Rebellious Rebellion; Evil Empire} =
  • ( Evil Empire) =
  • ( Evil Empire)
  • I will play the mighty
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lawldude wrote:
nicktenny wrote:

As I have no preference, let the dice decide this Duel of the Fates

Lawldude previously rolled 1custom2{Rebellious Rebellion; Evil Empire} = ( Evil Empire) = ( Evil Empire) (I will play the mighty)

Good. I need practice with the rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Both players select mission decks from expansion.

Do you want to select an unit setup right now, or do we rather draw your starting systems first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Empire does not mind either setup.

How about Expansion setup and the DS location is determined by drawing three remote systems and choosing one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

If we have a choice, I prefer the base game setup for Rebel units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lawldude wrote:

Empire does not mind either setup.

How about Expansion setup and the DS location is determined by drawing three remote systems and choosing one?

This works too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess that you both want to select unit setup before starting loyalty is known.

And because you both agree to limit choice of starting DSUC location to three random remote systems, let's use that variant.

I'll start drawing systems below in a separate post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Starting Empire systems:

- Subjugated: 1custom7{Mygeeto;Mandalore;Saleucami;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} -> ( Mandalore) -> ( Mandalore)
- Subjugated: 1custom6{Mygeeto;Saleucami;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} -> ( Saleucami) -> ( Saleucami)
- Loyal: 1custom5{Mygeeto;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} -> ( Mustafar) -> ( Mustafar)
- Loyal: 1custom4{Mygeeto;Rodia;Sullust;Corellia} -> ( Rodia) -> ( Rodia)
- Loyal: 1custom3{Mygeeto;Sullust;Corellia} -> ( Mygeeto) -> ( Mygeeto)
- Loyal: 1custom1{Coruscant} -> ( Coruscant) -> ( Coruscant)

- Remote system: 1custom8{Dagobah;Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine;Yavin} -> ( Dagobah) -> ( Dagobah)
- Remote system: 1custom7{Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine;Yavin} -> ( Yavin) -> ( Yavin)
- Remote system: 1custom6{Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine} -> ( Tatooine) -> ( Tatooine)

Starting Rebel systems: 1custom5{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Naboo;Kashyyyk;Ryloth} -> ( Naboo) -> ( Naboo) 1custom4{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Kashyyyk;Ryloth} -> ( Kashyyyk) -> ( Kashyyyk) 1custom3{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Ryloth} -> ( Mon Calamari) -> ( Mon Calamari)

Empire starting units:
- 4 TIE Fighters, 1 Stormtrooper, and 1 Death Star Under Construction in a remote system
- 8 TIE Fighters, 3 Assault Carriers, 3 Star Destroyers, 2 TIE Strikers, 12 Stormtroopers, 4 AT-STs, 2 Assault Tanks, and 1 AT-AT in any of remaining systems and/or in a remote system
- at least one ground unit in each system

Rebel starting units: 1 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 U-wing, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 Corellian Corvette, 5 Rebel Troopers, 2 Airspeeders, and 1 Rebel Vanguard on Rebel Base and/or any single Rebel or neutral system

Empire first to deploy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1231529. cyb3k
  • 1custom7{Mygeeto;Mandalore;Saleucami;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} =
  • ( Mandalore) =
  • ( Mandalore)
  • [b][color=darkblue]- Subjugated: [/color][/b]
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231530. cyb3k
  • 1custom1{Coruscant} =
  • ( Coruscant) =
  • ( Coruscant)
  • [b][color=darkblue]- Loyal:[/color][/b]
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231533. cyb3k
  • 1custom5{Mygeeto;Mandalore;Saleucami;Sullust;Mustafar} =
  • ( Sullust) =
  • ( Sullust)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231536. cyb3k
  • 1custom8{Dagobah;Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine;Yavin} =
  • ( Dagobah) =
  • ( Dagobah)
  • [b][color=darkblue]- Remote system:[/color][/b]
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:52 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231537. cyb3k
  • 1custom6{Mygeeto;Saleucami;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} =
  • ( Saleucami) =
  • ( Saleucami)
  • [b][color=darkblue]- Subjugated: [/color][/b]
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231538. cyb3k
  • 1custom7{Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine;Yavin} =
  • ( Yavin) =
  • ( Yavin)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231539. cyb3k
  • 1custom5{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Naboo;Kashyyyk;Ryloth} =
  • ( Naboo) =
  • ( Naboo)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231540. cyb3k
  • 1custom5{Mygeeto;Rodia;Sullust;Mustafar;Corellia} =
  • ( Mustafar) =
  • ( Mustafar)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:57 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231542. cyb3k
  • 1custom4{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Kashyyyk;Ryloth} =
  • ( Kashyyyk) =
  • ( Kashyyyk)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:58 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231546. cyb3k
  • 1custom6{Dantooine;Dathomir;Endor;Hoth;Ilum;Tatooine} =
  • ( Tatooine) =
  • ( Tatooine)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:58 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231547. cyb3k
  • 1custom4{Mygeeto;Rodia;Sullust;Corellia} =
  • ( Rodia) =
  • ( Rodia)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:00 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231548. cyb3k
  • 1custom3{Mon Calamari;Bothawui;Ryloth} =
  • ( Mon Calamari) =
  • ( Mon Calamari)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm
  • [+]
  • 1231549. cyb3k
  • 1custom3{Mygeeto;Sullust;Corellia} =
  • ( Mygeeto) =
  • ( Mygeeto)
  • Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:02 pm
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, do I start with the expansion units set-up or the base game set-up? I’m fine with either, but if I have a choice, I prefer the base game starting units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- -
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, you were supposed to both use either base game or expansion setup. I'm not sure if mixing both in a way you're suggesting wouldn't make a defense of DSUC slightly more difficult.

But that game is already customized anyway, so why not to try that too? However, to replace your units by a set from a base game (-1 Vangaurd and U-Wing; +1 Rebel Trooper, X-Wing and Y-Wing), your opponent must agree for that change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You’re right, Cyb. We should both be using the starting set-ups from the same set, so I’ll be using the expansion unit set-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hoping to wake up to empire deployment. Good luck Sebb!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebb R.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry for the delay, Mondays are the busiest days for me.

In a meeting room, in a galaxy far far away...

General Tagge: "Lord Vader, we have urgent news. Several rebel cells have openly suppressed some of our trade partners in the outer rim. What is your cou..."
Tagge suddenly got silent, as he sensed a lack of breathable oxygen. Still suffering under Vader's spell, the dark lord of the Sith spoke in his mechanical voice that always gave Tagge the chills.
Lord Vader: "The force has foreseen this course of events. My master made sure that the galactic peacekeepers were removed. Now it is our task to finish the job and get rid of this pathetic little ensemble of terrorist, General. Execute Order 66. No wait, that was something different. Execute Order 67."

Tagge was finally released from the force choke, and barely came to his senses when he realized what Vader asked him to do. This new super weapon, as mighty as it might be, will surely be the spark the Rebellion needs to convice more Systems to join this galactic civil war...

Order 67 - Deployment of Galactic Imperial Forces to ensure galaxywide peace and prosperity
Tatooine - Death Star Under Construction, 4 Tie Fighter, 1 ST additionally: 2 AC, 1 TS, 1 ST, 1 AT
Coruscant - Star Destroyer, 2 TF, 2 ST, 1 ATST, 1 ATAT
Mustafar - 2 TF, 3 ST
Mygeeto - 1 Star Destroyer, 1 TF, 2 ST, 1 ATST
Mandalore - 1 TF, 1 ST
Saleucami - Star Destroyer, 1 AC, 1 TF, 1 TS, 2 ST, 1 AT, 2 ATST
Rodia - 1 TF, 1 ST

Tough one. Would have hoped for either Sullust or Corellia. I didn't want to go with the overused Dagobah Setup. Was hoping for Hoth or Dathomir on the draw, but Tatooine is fine. Our mighty Space station will keep an close eye on Toshe station. Empire Setup always seems so fragile. Your turn, Nick! Wondering which of my Planets you will raid meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Ringoot
msg tools
Lawldude wrote:
Sringoot wrote:

Cheers!

Ah, too bad, really looked forward playing against you meeple

We can do a self admin game after this one is over? I know a french guy that will probably be willing to do the probe cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Reports of a new superweapon has sent ripples through the Rebellion. While some have given up on the cause due to fear, a strong core has been invigorated by the Empire’s escalation.

A small fleet, led by General Dodonna, cautiously positions itself far from the superweapon to weaken the Empire’s grasp on the galaxy.

Deploy all ships, 1 AS, and 3 RT to Dantooine. 2 RT, 1 AS, 1 RV to base space.

Action cards, then I choose base location...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [16] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.