Gladiator: Quest for the Rudis» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter Deliveries? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received their Kickstarter decks yet?

I arrived home today to a card from the Post Office that I had a parcel waiting (thumbsup) but that there was a £20.09 payment due (thumbsdown) for tax and handling. I'll be off to the Post Office first thing tomorrow to collect, but a bit of detective work from the USPS tracking number suggests it's my new decks (the point of origin matches Jim Trunzo's location via Facebook). I fully appreciate that Stewart Wieck's untimely passing caused a major perturbation in the fulfilment but my expectation was for the EU-friendly shipping that the original campaign offered...

I'll update tomorrow once I know definitely it's the decks.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nurglepus wrote:
Has anyone received their Kickstarter decks yet?

I arrived home today to a card from the Post Office that I had a parcel waiting (thumbsup) but that there was a £20.09 payment due (thumbsdown) for tax and handling. I'll be off to the Post Office first thing tomorrow to collect, but a bit of detective work from the USPS tracking number suggests it's my new decks (the point of origin matches Jim Trunzo's location via Facebook). I fully appreciate that Stewart Wieck's untimely passing caused a major perturbation in the fulfilment but my expectation was for the EU-friendly shipping that the original campaign offered...

I'll update tomorrow once I know definitely it's the decks.

Andrew

UPDATE

It was, as I expected, the Kickstarter decks. Haven't yet had a chance to look through the cards, but at least I have everything I expected.

I've posted a comment on the KS page, but would be interested to know if others have had the same experience.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received them Thursday. I have not had a chance to look at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oberon Sexton
United States
USA
flag msg tools
I received mine the other day. Cards look great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your lucky, mines for £41

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolish_Dog wrote:
your lucky, mines for £41

Ouch

Was that just for the new decks or did you get the base game too?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i pledged for the lot but had the base early, guessing they are stinging me on the whole lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolish_Dog wrote:
i pledged for the lot but had the base early, guessing they are stinging me on the whole lot

HMRC should be basing the calculation on the value on the Customs declaration - in my case it was $60 (for the card decks - even though the Kickstarter cost was only $55) plus $24 or so for shipping. If the package is only for the card decks it ought to be roughly the same value. IIRC the only other distinction was that the Post Office charged a premium (it was a few years ago but I think it was around £23) if the package shipped "express" (because if it's coming express you really must want it )

I'll be interested to know why it is so much.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the value on the declaration was $153

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Foolish_Dog wrote:
Because the value on the declaration was $153

And I thought I was hard done by. Someone goofed big time there...

I had an apology from Alan Bahr at Nocturnal Media after I raised the issue on KickStarter - I think they completely overlooked the EU-friendly shipping but that doesn't explain the value on yours.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL San Miguel
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
badge
Simplify, prioritize,... enjoy! :-D
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine arrived two days ago (we´re talking Spain here). Base + decks (I believe. Any way to check if all the cards are there?).

Also stung by customs gulp shake (apart from the hassle, another 30€ on top of the 30 for shipping) Wasn´t it supossed to be EU Friendly? whistle cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.