Rifles in the Ardennes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Corrections & Clarifications on Mission Sheets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Springsteen

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
Old Grognard here... I just received the published version of the game from "Tiny Battles Publishing". Looks clever & a lot of fun, but contains a few needed (mostly minor) corrections/clarifications. I noticed a few errors in the published rules AND a number still in the new "Living Rules" & Example of Play recently placed on their web site (I plan to post a clear list of those needed updates soon).

There were several errors on the printed MISSION SHEETS provided, but they were not part of the "Living Rules". Here they are... any other corrections or known updates? -

Mission 1:
Nothing noted.
Mission 2:
Nothing noted.

Mission 3:
Mentions Pillbox on Hill, but is on clear terrain (assume reference to "Hill" is just color text).

Mission 4:
Nothing noted.

Mission 5:
Setup calls for Event Markers 1-9 (There are only 8 Markers... assume typo) and placing 6-9 (only 8) on Stripes #4 thru #6.

Mission 6:
Setup says you may deploy your units on "Stripe #5, #5, or #6". (Should one of the #5 be deleted - typo?... or should one of the #5 be a different Stripe #?... perhaps #4, so deployment allowed on #4, #5 & #6?).

Mission #7
Nothing noted.

Mission #8:
Says to take control of area, eliminating ALL enemy forces; but objective says to only reveal all markers and eliminate enemy forces labeled as "Mission Objective" (only?).

Also fyi, the Designer has previously posted an update on BGG for missing text/instructions related to REINFORCEMENTS: (as follows)

FROM THE DESIGNER:
The full text for a die result of 6 is the following:

Reinforcements. Roll 1d6 and place the resulting Units on the highest numbered stripe containing friendly Units:
(1-4) Two Rifle Units
(5-6) One Rifle and one SMG unit.
Reinforcements will only be available once per combat: any «6» result after the first one will result on a «nothing»

I'll pass this to the publisher: thanks for the note.

-------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom: thanks for the notes.

Quote:
Mission 3:
Mentions Pillbox on Hill, but is on clear terrain

Initially the Pillbox was on a Hill but after a few playtest session the combination of Pillbox+Hill (+4 total) demonstrated to be a litte too much frustrating, so I've decided to consider the Hill just a geographical reference (and of course a small hommage to Squad Leader).

I can suggest here one small "Veteran" variant: consider Stripe #1 terrain as {Hill} on Open. Gain one additional XP if you win the mission using this variant.

Quote:

Mission 5:
Setup calls for Event Markers 1-9

Consider the reference to EM 9 a typo: place EM 6-8 on stripe #4..#6

Quote:

Mission 6:
Setup says you may deploy your units on "Stripe #5, #5, or #6".

First #5 is a typo. You can deploy your Units on Stripe #4, #5 or #6.

Quote:
Mission #8:
Says to take control of area, eliminating ALL enemy forces; but objective says to only reveal all markers and eliminate enemy forces labeled as "Mission Objective" (only?).

I assume you're referring here to Mission 7: to complete this mission you must reveal all the EM and eliminate the forces labeled as "Mission Objectives" only. The reference to "all enemy forces" in the mission overview is just a generic description of your duty, but I can undestand that in this case could be misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Springsteen

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
Quote:
Mission #8:

Zak responded: "I assume you're referring here to Mission 7: to complete this mission you must reveal all the EM and eliminate the forces labeled as "Mission Objectives" only. The reference to "all enemy forces" in the mission overview is just a generic description of your duty, but I can undestand that in this case could be misleading."

---

Thanks Zak, for the quick response & clarifications.
Yes. The above statement is really related to Mission #7 (not #8). The rest of the statements under Mission #8 are indeed related to Mission #8.

Clearly typos attack Reviewers as well as Designers. blush
Typo "Enemies" seem to be harder to "suppress" than snipers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.