Nemesis» Forums » General

Subject: Changes of jump coordinates should be hidden. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Schoewe
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I think a better way to create confusion and distrust among players concerning this mechanic would be to have the players that aren't checking the coordinates not look while the player who is changes the CARD to represent their desired destination. This is obviously an easy rule to apply even if the official rules don't...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, that would be cool if their secret mission conflicted with someone else to go to Earth or elsewhere
like a traitor variant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'm unsure how obvious it's supposed to be that another player is working contrary to what you want. There's tension and then there's wasting too much limited time having to recheck everything. But yeah, assuming you want it more hidden what people are doing, I like that idea.

Every time you check coordinates or the engines you could look, shuffle the cards, and then set it. People wouldn't know if you set it to the prior value or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Engel
Canada
flag msg tools
I agree.

I think instead of choosing one destination card each time you play you should leave the whole deck there.

Then when you take the room action listed in the cockpit you look at the top card, shuffle the deck, look at new top card and then adjust the marker to wherever you would like it.

I would also allow an additional action kind of like follow in the room that anyone there with you can discard a card to look at the current active destination card once the coordinates have been set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.