Sven
Germany
flag msg tools
In Legendary Encounters there is the keyword Coordinate to support another player. This is useful because Legendary Encounters is a full-cooperative game. But Marvel legendary is as competitive as cooperative. What would you think about a keyword (lets call it "partisan") that you can use before a fight of someone else. You play the card with the keyword "Partisan" and you can support the attack of the player ... or the attack of the players enemy. You can choose. In some cases it may be necessary to support a player to defeat a villain before escaping. But sometimes it can be necessary to see the player lose a fight because I want to rescue the bystander or because I do not want him to get the victory points. The keyword Partisan could be used offensive (I play it on the turn of someone else to support this player or his enemy) or defensive (I can fight off a partisan card of someone else by playing a partisan card by myself). And there could be a reward. "Partisan: If the party that you support wins the fight OR if you succesfully played this card to defend from a partisan attack, you may draw a card".

What would you think about it? It would be the possibility to influece the fights of the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't really appeal to me, honestly, at least the part about supporting the enemy being fought. I don't play Marvel Legendary to help out the bad guys, personally.

Thematically, which Marvel heroes would have such an ability? Maybe the Thunderbolts or some Dark Avengers, I guess, but I'm drawing a blank on others. I suppose if you were doing an expansion for Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game, that could be thematically appropriate, but it would have to be a villain that has a history of sometimes helping out the good guys.

The Legendary: Spider-Man Homecoming expansion has already introduced Coordinate to Marvel Legendary, in case you didn't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nguyen
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
DarthEd wrote:
It doesn't really appeal to me, honestly, at least the part about supporting the enemy being fought. I don't play Marvel Legendary to help out the bad guys, personally.

Thematically, which Marvel heroes would have such an ability? Maybe the Thunderbolts or some Dark Avengers, I guess, but I'm drawing a blank on others. I suppose if you were doing an expansion for Legendary: Villains – A Marvel Deck Building Game, that could be thematically appropriate, but it would have to be a villain that has a history of sometimes helping out the good guys.

The Legendary: Spider-Man Homecoming expansion has already introduced Coordinate to Marvel Legendary, in case you didn't know.

That is a problem... WHO would be supported in such a system... really theme-wise, this dissoance is a bit of a problem due to the theme and system, as well as intent as a Semi-Cooperative thing...

Honestly, I feel like the problem is "What setting would fit the Partisan Keyword" then "Who would uspport it/fit around it"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.