Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies» Forums » General

Subject: Breakdown of what is & isn't Warring Colonies use only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead of Winter: Warring Colonies

Just got this expansion. It's a bit hard to find out how much can be used in a standard game of DoW - especially the crossroads cards - so I thought I'd share a quick list:

15 total survivors
- 3 have WC specific abilities only
- 1 has a very nice any version & a WC only ability
- 11 are fully usable in any version
A few actually care if they are your group leader or not!

50 crossroads total
- 24 marked as any version; no mature warning
- 1 marked any version; mature theme
- 4 marked any version; mature language & theme
- 17 marked as WC only; no mature warning
- 1 marked WC Lone Wolf variant; no mature warning
- 1 marked WC only; mature theme
- 2 marked WC only; mature language & theme

Warring Colonies has a darker feel; cards marked mature were not in a separate package like they were in LN & if you removed all 8 marked mature you would only have 41 crossroad cards (+ 1 for the lone wolf variant) which seems like it might not be enough for a 10 player game. They give suggestions for cards you can pull from the original & LN to expand the crossroads deck; some of those suggestions are mature cards others are not.

11 Crisis cards total
- 5 marked WC only
Of the remaining 6... they could be used in other versions but all but one felt very WC themed.

I believe all other cards & components are WC only.

I have skimmed the cards. From what I can tell mature theme marking indicates sexual theme while the mature theme & language marking indicates use of the F word along with disturbing theme. Skimming all the cards - they all appear correctly marked (in LN a couple of cards were missing their module specific markings).

Hope someone finds this useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Having finally gotten Dead of Winter to table twice last week, I am trying to decide whether Long Night or WC is the way to go. Thoughts? I am leaning towards Long Night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
I would add a correction.

One of the characters (Father Fitzpatrick) is only compatible with The Long Night. If you only have a version of the original Dead of Winter, he is not compatible. His other ability is WC-only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.