Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a few searches on Google and the forum, but didn't find this asked elsewhere. I just punched and organized my copy of Gloomhaven using the Meeple Reality insert (Gloomhaven Town).

I did not see any indication of where the Health/XP dials go and I don't have any space left in the box... Anyone have this insert that found a place for the dials?

I also feel like the card holder is unnecessarily large... even with sleeved cards, it seems like you'd need to be taking all the cards out of the character tuckboxes to fill it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They fit on top of the map tiles. Also the card tray was larger to make sure stuff didn't shift around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... mine don't fit on top of the map tiles... I could certainly put them there and then not have the box lid close all the way.

I also looked through the whole album of pictures on the Meeple Reality website and don't see them anywhere... also they are not listed on the final page of the directions that tell you where everything goes.

Pretty bummed out at the moment. Not the end of the world, but the whole point of the insert was to get everything to fit inside the box!

Edit: remembering that 1st edition didn't have the dials, I suspect this is just down to the insert being designed for 1st edition without making updates for this single change in 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clay
United States
Jacksonville
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where the XP dials go in the Gloomhaven Town insert from Meeple Realty. They fit perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badpork wrote:
This is where the XP dials go in the Gloomhaven Town insert from Meeple Realty. They fit perfectly.

Maybe I haven’t Tetrised my mapmtiles correctly, but I need that space for the tiles that overlap the folded board dimensions. I tried that space, but they didn’t fit for me... and agains, the needle reality website doesn’t show them there (or anywhere).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haha bjKaj

California
msg tools
I ended up cramming them into the tray with all the monster stats/party sheets etc, but that thing is already a pain to use.

Honestly I ended up getting an expanding file folder for the map tiles. Keeps them organized and it’s much easier to set up a scenario now. That leaves plenty of room in the box for dials, rulebooks, etc. although it does mean you don’t have everything in a single box. Personally I’m happier having map tiles a breeze to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clay
United States
Jacksonville
AR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:

Maybe I haven’t Tetrised my mapmtiles correctly, but I need that space for the tiles that overlap the folded board dimensions. I tried that space, but they didn’t fit for me... and agains, the needle reality website doesn’t show them there (or anywhere).

I think the instructions with the insert give a suggested pattern of which pieces to place first. It really does make a difference. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badpork wrote:
zjhomrighaus wrote:

I think the instructions with the insert give a suggested pattern of which pieces to place first. It really does make a difference. Good luck!

Yep, that's the document I mentioned in the OP.. it does tell you where everything goes... except those dials... not listed anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.