Subject: Showdown Co-op Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ev Sach
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

I am playing a solo 3 character co-op game and just about to do the showdown.

What happens in the event all 3 of my characters get knocked out? This ends the showdown but does that mean its game over? Should i be aiming to get one character out before this happens? Or can i recover all 3 characters in the Mystery phase (which I assume I would play after the showdown ends).

What about when an evil elder 'cannot be targeted' during a showdown. What happens in this case? How do you kill them? When you do kill them do they move the shadow track 2 spaces or is it only elders who join you in the hunting party that move the shadow track?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astrogal wrote:
Hi

I am playing a solo 3 character co-op game and just about to do the showdown.

What happens in the event all 3 of my characters get knocked out? This ends the showdown but does that mean its game over? Should i be aiming to get one character out before this happens? Or can i recover all 3 characters in the Mystery phase (which I assume I would play after the showdown ends).

You lose a co-op game if all heroes are knocked out. See the rule at the bottom right of page 21. In one of the expansions, there is an exception to this rule for games with only 1 hero (and maybe only 2 heroes, but I can't remember for sure).

Quote:
What about when an evil elder 'cannot be targeted' during a showdown. What happens in this case? How do you kill them? When you do kill them do they move the shadow track 2 spaces or is it only elders who join you in the hunting party that move the shadow track?

If they have the "Darkest Secret", then the evil elder is basically considered to be the villain, so you can't target them separately. They will still die when the villain is about to take his last wound. In that case, the evil elder takes it instead, and the villain is still alive.

Also, evil elders are no longer considered town elders, so normal town elder rules don't apply. That means you don't move the shadow track when they die. Confirmation from the designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two heroes solo can also ignore the all knocked out loss rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeeshkul wrote:
Two heroes solo can also ignore the all knocked out loss rule.

Where is this written?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.