HATE» Forums » General

Subject: WIP Rulebook published rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leif Stensson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON has published a link to the WIP Rulebook for HATE in a Kickstarter update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/hate/posts/2099259...

Direct link to manual:

http://resources.cmon.com/HATE-Rulebook_WIP.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The most important and interesting parts not in it though lol. Game is looking good but the upgrades/scars are what sell it. Games complex but not deep until you add those cards then the game gets deeper and more interesting.

Injury and skill tables make or break these games.

Not a huge fan of the Tribe decks.
They seem like they are there just to direct how you should play. The asymetry is good, the uniqueness is good, and the fact they are face up REALLY REALLY good. Unfortunately it reminds me of those secret objective cards you get in most board games. Sometimes they play into the set up sometimes they are just too situational. With that said Im glad they have them but they just seem the least interesting part so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Nettelnstrot
Germany
Oelde
flag msg tools
www.oelder-spieletreff.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Wikiro Trio What parts are you missing?

I´m pretty happy with the rulebook and to me it looks like, this will be a better SW Imperial Assault skirmish mode (gameplay wise) with better choices for a strategy. The style of the game (including the rulebook) takes it further and makes it unique.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it’s missing the scenarios, but those may exist on cards outside the rulebook.

It also (sadly) confirms that there are huts, hills and trees and that’s it. I was hoping for more variation of terrain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial assault skirmish is not my thingits a bit too simple. Id play Rum n Bones, Shadespire, Infinity, Shadow War, blood bowl, or Duel of Ages instead. Imperial Assault has a great Campaign though.

The lack of upgrade/scar card info is what I'm talking about. If the upgrades are just "add an attack dice" or "defence dice" it's just bland and uninteresting. If they add "tackle" zones, new mechanics, or unique skills im gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get a good look at the scenario variety and to find out if there are only 7, or if these are double sided, have variants etc.

In a campaign you will play 10-12 battles, so on a second campaign it does sound like it could get a bit repetitive if there are only 7.

As far as the skills, we are a bit in the dark about the selection.

These show up in the manual

+1 Defense Dice when carrying a body
+1 Attack Dice
1 Reroll on defense
Skill "The Cook"

And the gameplay video had a cleave ability on a prince (maybe others I missed?).

Since some of these will be clan specific I am optimistic that they will have variety outside of simple attack/defense buffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Push and Hidden are new keywords

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason N
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I wish there was more information on the upgrades. It still isn't clear how you choose upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.