Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Vengeance» Forums » General

Subject: German Components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened my game just now and discovered that the cardboard character boards and upgrade components are all in German. I am sending an email to the publisher about this, but just thought I'd share a warning.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, same thing happened to me. I did not even realize until I punched out a sheet and a half.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Boards
msg tools
Avatar
Hi guys, please fill in the replacement form at http://mighty-boards.com/replacement and we will send you a replacement for those. Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Boards wrote:
Hi guys, please fill in the replacement form at http://mighty-boards.com/replacement and we will send you a replacement for those. Thanks


Already done and received a response. Will post when I get the replacement parts.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same problem here!
All the punch components are in German. All of the other stuff - in english. Have sent already a replacement ticket by the mighty board site and waiting for respone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Petraitis
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it take long to receive a response? I requested replacements over a week ago and have not heard back from anyone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpetrai wrote:
Does it take long to receive a response? I requested replacements over a week ago and have not heard back from anyone.


I heard back almost immediately BUT I haven't gotten my replacements yet. Little disappointed, and will be sending a follow up request. I know it's probably a mix-up at the factory, but it's been a few weeks now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo disappointed. I just got this email from MIghty Boards. Before you read it, note that I bought my copy of Vengeance at a local game store, I posted here that my parts were wrong and in German, and was then told by Mighty Boards to fill out a parts replacement form on their site.

Then I get this:
I just did a quick check and it looks like your e-mail is not among the KS backers, so I guess you bought the game from a retail shop, correct?

If that's the case then unfortunately we can't send you replacements for these since you didn't buy the game directly from us. But we are supplying Greenbrier, the US publisher and Asmodee UK, the European publisher, with the required replacements so that they can send them to you. Since it's a purchase from retail you would need to contact the shop from which you bought it and they should arrange with their distributors to provide you with the replacements for the punchboards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MainManDetroit wrote:
Soooo disappointed. I just got this email from MIghty Boards. Before you read it, note that I bought my copy of Vengeance at a local game store, I posted here that my parts were wrong and in German, and was then told by Mighty Boards to fill out a parts replacement form on their site.

Then I get this:
I just did a quick check and it looks like your e-mail is not among the KS backers, so I guess you bought the game from a retail shop, correct?

If that's the case then unfortunately we can't send you replacements for these since you didn't buy the game directly from us. But we are supplying Greenbrier, the US publisher and Asmodee UK, the European publisher, with the required replacements so that they can send them to you. Since it's a purchase from retail you would need to contact the shop from which you bought it and they should arrange with their distributors to provide you with the replacements for the punchboards.


This is a huge disappointment. And one that will put a black eye on any future Mighty Board games I would consider buying. The mistake is probably something that happened at the factory, but this isn't a great way to handle it.

I guess I'll talk to my shop and see what happens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I hope they chime back in on this, because I also bought the game retail and filled out the replacement form as we were instructed to do. I don't think I've actually heard anything back from them yet, though - but one post on here seemed to imply you wouldn't necessarily.

I'm going to be REAL unhappy if I have to jump through a bunch of hoops and put this on my FLGS to fix MB's mistake.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MainManDetroit wrote:
If that's the case then unfortunately we can't send you replacements for these since you didn't buy the game directly from us.

It seems that different publishers have totally different options on that: Re: Should I exchange it? (Post includes pic of inside of box)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got another email back from Mighty Boards with a solution. I have to say, they have been really responsonsive. I know these things happen, but it is the customer service in these crazy situations that can earn a company some great reputation.

I think they have a solution for me. I will know more next week and will post.

-D
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's a real shame, but no one has been able to fix this problem for me. Fortunately, my FLGS will allow me to return the game for store credit.

While I'm not terribly bothered by this inconvenience, I think I won't be buying any games from Mighty Boards for a good long while.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Petraitis
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought hundreds of games and not had a bad word to say about a publisher until now. Will not buy another game from Mighty Boards as they still have not fixed my problem either despite posting publically elsewhere on this forum in another thread that they have taken care of my issue.

Waste of $100 for me. Guess i should have taken German classes back in high school.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I did manage to get my situation resolved, but it took weeks, multiple communications, and help from both Mighty Boards (who somewhat grudgingly sent me core set replacement cardboard despite me not being a backer), and then GreenBrier Games (to get the missing parts for the first expansion).

I actually felt kind of bad for GreenBrier, as they are apparently handling the North American distribution for the game and are having to clean up a lot of this mess, even though they had nothing to do with the production of Vengeance. They got a raw deal on this one.

It's just stunning - I have had the occasional missing or broken part before, but having all of your copies go out with a bunch of German components, and then leaving all of the cardboard out of your first expansion is just...wow. That is a brand new level of incompetence at one or more points of the process.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrookedWook wrote:
I actually felt kind of bad for GreenBrier, as they are apparently handling the North American distribution for the game and are having to clean up a lot of this mess, even though they had nothing to do with the production of Vengeance. They got a raw deal on this one.


It is what it is. If Gordon/Mighty Boards and Vengeance weren't so cool, it'd be a different situation.

Reminder to anyone in North America still with issues, Hit us up here: http://greenbriergames.com/contact
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leveque
United States
Richmond
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:

Reminder to anyone in North America still with issues, Hit us up here: http://greenbriergames.com/contact


I also got the game retail and had to reach out to Green Briar. They were quick to send out a replacement board. Most helpful. I would recommend filling out the form above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, OP here with a final comment.

I just received word that the replacement components are now heading my way. Unfortunately, I already returned the game to my local game story, so this won't do me any good.

But at least it's good to know that the problem was handled, so while the parts won't do me any good, I at least feel no more resentment toward Mighty Boards and will consider buying games in the future from them.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Alexander
United States
Saline
MI
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did indeed get mine replaced this week. Took about three months but they did it. I thank them for following through.

Don
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.