Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's not really news at this point, but GW have just posted about the third scenario in the "Return to Hammerhal" series, which will appear in the February edition of White Dwarf. Just a reminder to get your copy if you don't subscribe. This issue has a bunch of free content, including cards for the forthcoming Heroes of Black Reach game, so it might sell out relatively quickly.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/february-whit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Workshop business model is not really for me: miniature assembling and expanding the game through magazines. Hopefully at some point a compiled box version is released for all the adventures with printed cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:
Games Workshop business model is not really for me: miniature assembling and expanding the game through magazines. Hopefully at some point a compiled box version is released for all the adventures with printed cards.

The magazines are supplemental content. It's not the main way they're expanding the game, but I very much appreciate the continued support, as it's a good way to keep the game alive between main releases.

So far this product line (which is less than two years old), comprises:

Silver Tower
Silver Tower hero cards
Silver Tower hero boxed sets (two sets - just miniatures)
Shadows Over Hammerhal
Adversary cards

Plus the White Dwarf content: a bunch of heroes, some more adversaries, three new missions, new rules for mercenaries, and some new skill and treasure cards (which were free on the cover - not stuff you had to photocopy).

My shameless plug for the day - I did a video trying to cover all the various content for the game here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQwijc2PtNk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:

I am puzzled how a magazine is any different than the myriad numbers of ways expansions are sold for all the other games?

Honestly asking it seems like such an odd comment to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.