Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any time this is in a game it makes the game feel unique to me.
I believe it to be a equal member in the growing list of tools in designers toolbox.

Full version
La Granja
Glory to Rome
Campaign Trail

Lite (Cards as currency)

San Juan
There are many others I just can't think of them right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Nottingham
Uchronia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Multi-Use Cards" seems potentially extremely broad and covers very many games.

E.g. in Concordia you can use the prefect card to produce goods or to earn money, and you canuse the colony card to place colonists or to earn money.

In almost every card-driven wargame you have multiple ways to use cards (e.g. for the card event or for operations).

In Combat Commander: Europe you can use a card for its Order during your turn, or use a card for its Action in conjunction with a currently excecuted Order.

In 7 Wonders Duel you can play a card to your tableau for its printed effect, or discard a card for money, or place a card under a wonder to build it.

In Greed you usually use cards for their effects, but can also use a card to pay the cost of a card which costs a card to bring out.

In Fabled Fruit you can move onto a card to apply its printed action, or to simply draw one card if its printed action is inapplicable, or to spend cards from your hand to take that card and make it into a juice.

Etc... Do you intend all these cases to be included? If not, how do you define "Multi-Use Cards" more clearly/specifically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hamilton
United States
Asheboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all about what the mechanics are associated with:
"Variable player powers" is broad term and every game where the player character has a special ability could fall under this painfully large umbrella.

One where the VPP can be seen more central to the game play is Cosmic Encounter.

There is no harm in adding MUCs to the games you mentioned.
And the player can discern whether it's the 'lite' version or central to the game.

As of now there is no way to search for the games not by Families or Mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiggle Miser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot thumbs up this post enough! multi-use cards is my absolute favorite mechanic and i am always seeking out games that utilize it, having a tag-gable game mechanic on the site would be super useful in researching more.

I'll also add my favorites for your collective book keeping:
La Isla
Bruges
Inhabit the Earth
The Bloody Inn
Viceroy

and under "lite category"
Race for the Galaxy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandeep Kharkar
United States
Bountiful
UTAH (UT)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another new entry into this list:

Food Truck Champion

3 ways to use each card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.