Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation is as follows.

I am the President of Bombay and I must fill a Provincial Office. I can promote any writer or Officer in any army to this position.

Let's say that 2 other players have cubes in the Writer box but I am the only player who has Officers in any of the three armies. If I choose to promote one of my Officers, do I still have to give a Promise cube to the other two players who had Writers even though I promoted the only Officer that I could?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yvan Sidlo
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin Lee Thatcher wrote:
If I choose to promote one of my Officers, do I still have to give a Promise cube to the other two players who had Writers even though I promoted the only Officer that I could?

As I understand the rules, if the other players have eligible candidates and you promote one of your cubes you are penalized for Nepotism. The Writers are as eligible as your Officer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Provincial Offices may be filled by any Writer or Officer in any army - Officers do not take any special precedence. So yes, you'd have to pony up some promise cubes for your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Thatcher
United States
Lake Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. That is what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.