7 Posts

Zanziar» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex B
msg tools
mb
Would it be possible to play this game solo? I'm really intrigued! I primarily play solo though so this is a consideration. I'm open to modifying the rules if need be. I'd be curious to know if anyone has had any ideas on this.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ACBez wrote:
Would it be possible to play this game solo? I'm really intrigued! I primarily play solo though so this is a consideration. I'm open to modifying the rules if need be. I'd be curious to know if anyone has had any ideas on this.

Thanks!

Back in the time when I designed the game I havent understood that *anyone* would play boardgames solo. Thus, one of the elements of the game is obfuscating your Hero as if you reveal it, everyone knows what you goal is.
This is clearly the most obvious restriction in solo games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
msg tools
mb
There was a fellow who played it solo in a few of the videos on the page here, just playing all the characters himself. I suppose this is one way to do it, but not too attractive for me.

I wonder though what it would take to either make rules for the other characters to basically have them "control themselves".

Also how would the game be if you just played it with one character? Is there enough involvement with the world it's self to provide a challenge and a feeling of adventure?

How is the adventure part of this game? Is it fairly open ended in that respect? Are there quests aside from the characters personal goals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
msg tools
mb
If it looks like there is enough content to work with I think I'd buy the game and see what I could do about modifying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ACBez wrote:
If it looks like there is enough content to work with I think I'd buy the game and see what I could do about modifying it.

Can you find it for sale? I think we a few copies left, but I think it's not easy to find that... except 2nd hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
msg tools
mb
I see there's something in the EU store. Also I've seen a couple copy's on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ACBez wrote:
I see there's something in the EU store. Also I've seen a couple copy's on ebay.

The ones in EU store are likely the very last of our copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.