Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question RE: the Flesh Golem. It says it heals half its wounds back each round.

Does this mean:

1) The Flesh Golem heals half of its total Health back, each round? E.G., If it had 28 Health, it heals 14 back each round.

or:

2) The Flesh Golem heals half of the damage it's taken each round. E.G., if the Flesh Golem has 28 Health and has been damaged down to 14, it heals 8 back this round, bringing it to 22. If next round, it takes 6 damage (down to 16), it would heal back 6 health the next round.

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silopolis wrote:
Quick question RE: the Flesh Golem. It says it heals half its wounds back each round.

Does this mean:

1) The Flesh Golem heals half of its total Health back, each round? E.G., If it had 28 Health, it heals 14 back each round.

or:

2) The Flesh Golem heals half of the damage it's taken each round. E.G., if the Flesh Golem has 28 Health and has been damaged down to 14, it heals 8 back this round, bringing it to 22. If next round, it takes 6 damage (down to 16), it would heal back 6 health the next round.

Which is correct?

"Wounds" are the damage that has been dealt to it, presumably tracked using the hearts.

So "half of it's wounds" means that it heals back for half of the total damage that has been dealt to it. For example, if the players did 8 damage to it, then it would heal for 4. Now at 20 life, if the players did 8 more damage to it, it has 12 wounds and would heal 6 of them off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither option is correct.

The Flesh Golem heals half of the wounds that it has currently suffered.

So if it started at 28 and takes 14 damage, it has 14 wounds and will heal 7 damage to only have taken 7 wounds. If it were to take 14 more wounds in the next round, it has now suffered a total of 21 wounds and would heal 10 back (as it rounds down) so that it now has suffered 11 wounds total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clipper wrote:
Neither option is correct.

The Flesh Golem heals half of the wounds that it has currently suffered.

So if it started at 28 and takes 14 damage, it has 14 wounds and will heal 7 damage to only have taken 7 wounds. If it were to take 14 more wounds in the next round, it has now suffered a total of 21 wounds and would heal 10 back (as it rounds down) so that it now has suffered 11 wounds total.

Are you sure of that? That would mean that you have to track somewhere the total number of wounds the flesh golem suffered since he entered in the game. Sounds a bit complex. Seems much simpler to just remove half of the current wound tokens the Flesh Golem has on his card when he activates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epawn wrote:
Seems much simpler to just remove half of the current wound tokens the Flesh Golem has on his card when he activates.

You must have misunderstood, as that's the same as what I said to do, provided you are tracking wounds by adding tokens (IIRC, the book implies you should do the opposite, so you moreso add back half the tokens you took off).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
epawn wrote:
Seems much simpler to just remove half of the current wound tokens the Flesh Golem has on his card when he activates.

You must have misunderstood, as that's the same as what I said to do, provided you are tracking wounds by adding tokens (IIRC, the book implies you should do the opposite, so you moreso add back half the tokens you took off).

We load the monsters up with tokens and then remove them as they are wounded. I actually dug out my extra Arcadia Quest cardboard tokens to use for this game because they don't start you with enough tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcking wrote:
We load the monsters up with tokens and then remove them as they are wounded.

Yep, that's what the rules suggest to do too. I managed to find it on page 21:

"To easily track this, place that number of Wound tokens on the Enemy’s card and remove them as it takes Wounds."

For the Flesh Golem, I suggest that when removing the wounds, you place them next to the Golem rather than putting them back in the supply. That way, implementing its ability is simply a matter of putting half (rounded down) of the tokens that are next to the card back onto the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
Carcking wrote:

"To easily track this, place that number of Wound tokens on the Enemy’s card and remove them as it takes Wounds."

For the Flesh Golem, I suggest that when removing the wounds, you place them next to the Golem rather than putting them back in the supply. That way, implementing its ability is simply a matter of putting half (rounded down) of the tokens that are next to the card back onto the card.

Damn, sorry Clipper, let me get this straight. (using 28 hp for reference) Flesh Golem on board, it heals half the wounds it takes "in a round". We got three heros, hero one uses his three actions to attack ending up with 10 wounds total for his turn, hero two goes he does 5 wounds, hero three goes he does 5 wounds, round over 20 total wounds, Golem heals 10 (and takes 10) and is now at 18 health, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOORE112682 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Carcking wrote:

Damn, sorry Clipper, let me get this straight. (using 28 hp for reference) Flesh Golem on board, it heals half the wounds it takes "in a round". We got three heros, hero one uses his three actions to attack ending up with 10 wounds total for his turn, hero two goes he does 5 wounds, hero three goes he does 5 wounds, round over 20 total wounds, Golem heals 10 (and takes 10) and is now at 18 health, correct?

Yes, your example is correct. However, I'd like to point out that it's not exactly damage that it takes "in a round", it's the total damage it has ever taken (and not yet healed) during it's life on the board.

To use your example and provide a second, it starts with 28 HP and your team has done 20 damage to it, so it heals back to 18.

Now your team attacks it again but only manage to do 14 damage to it in the second round. It is at 4 HP, and then it heals: As it's starting HP was 28, 28 - 4 means that it has 24 "wounds". Thus, it will heal for 12 and be back to 16 HP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, some of your arguments seem to be based on the 'each round' wording used in the original question. However, the text on the card does not use this wording.

Flesh Golem wrote:
It heals half its Wounds (rounded down) when it Activates during the Enemies' Phase.

Note there is no reference to wounds taken this round or wounds taken this turn. Just wounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
DoctorBandage wrote:
Andrew, some of your arguments seem to be based on the 'each round' wording used in the original question. However, the text on the card does not use this wording.

Flesh Golem wrote:
It heals half its Wounds (rounded down) when it Activates during the Enemies' Phase.

Note there is no reference to wounds taken this round or wounds taken this turn. Just wounds.

Well shoot I appreciate the clarification... what a powerful enemy! I appreciate all your help here

Edit: I am going to delete my previous posts that might create confusion with other players with my (incorrect) thought process. I got turned around reading OP's "wounds back each round" wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOORE112682 wrote:
Edit: Also I like to exaggerate things to make the rules make sense, so with this "exaggeration" in mind this is why I think yor interpretation is not correct. If the the Golem is going against a large party, let's say it has 40hp. If that were the case it could never get below 20hp... I know that's not right. 39 wounds given he's at 1 hp half healed (rounded down) +19... back to 20 health... that does not seem right. He heals but he isn't immortal

Indeed, he isn't immortal, and in every situation suggested, he has gradually become more wounded every round. In the examples we provided, his health was lower at the end of the round, even after healing, than when it started the round. This doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Eventually you'll be able to kill him. He can never heal back to full health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
XeyneGaming wrote:
MOORE112682 wrote:
Edit: Also I like to exaggerate things to make the rules make sense, so with this "exaggeration" in mind this is why I think yor interpretation is not correct. If the the Golem is going against a large party, let's say it has 40hp. If that were the case it could never get below 20hp... I know that's not right. 39 wounds given he's at 1 hp half healed (rounded down) +19... back to 20 health... that does not seem right. He heals but he isn't immortal

Indeed, he isn't immortal, and in every situation suggested, he has gradually become more wounded every round. In the examples we provided, his health was lower at the end of the round, even after healing, than when it started the round. This doesn't sound unreasonable at all. Eventually you'll be able to kill him. He can never heal back to full health.

I can provide an example where that is not the case(his health was lower at the end of the round, even after healing), and though he may never get back to full health, he can get to within 1 if you don't keep attacking. By the cards rules he also has a minimum health if you don't kill him.

Example: he is wounded down to 1 (28hp start) then at "enemy phase activation" he gets 13 health for a 14 health minimum (27 wounds/2 13.5 which is 13). Or say he is at 14, team wounds 12 he is at 2 health, so 26 wounds, half is 13, 13+2 he is back at a higher health of 15 but the team wounded him 12! I guess my point is the lower his health he actually gets stronger at the end of his life (because his total wounds gets higher) seems a bit nuts, and if he draws a defense card... run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MOORE112682 wrote:
Edit: I am going to delete my previous posts that might create confusion with other players with my (incorrect) thought process. I got turned around reading OP's "wounds back each round" wording

Please do not do this. It makes things more confusing when posts start disappearing. If you wish to remove your false information, simply edit the post with a note at the beginning to say you were wrong, or use the strikethrough feature to indicate your errors. That way, people can follow the conversation without bits and pieces missing and you can still show you are aware you were originally mistaken.

XeyneGaming wrote:
Eventually you'll be able to kill him. He can never heal back to full health.

He can heal back to only having taken 1 wound total, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
MOORE112682 wrote:

Please do not do this. It makes things more confusing when posts start disappearing. If you wish to remove your false information, simply edit the post with a note at the beginning to say you were wrong, or use the strikethrough feature to indicate your errors. That way, people can follow the conversation without bits and pieces missing and you can still show you are aware you were originally mistaken.

XeyneGaming wrote:
Eventually you'll be able to kill him. He can never heal back to full health.

He can heal back to only having taken 1 wound total, though...

Damn my bad... advised and thanks Xeyne!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The group who prompted me to post this question encountered the Flesh Golem and took it down in record time. They focused attacks on it and killed it in like, two rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silopolis wrote:
The group who prompted me to post this question encountered the Flesh Golem and took it down in record time. They focused attacks on it and killed it in like, two rounds.

That's the only real way to handle it. Don't even bother provoking it until you are ready to focus it down and kill it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.