Mike Doherty
msg tools
I am enjoying it ... would love to see Flash and Zoom or the Reverse Flash appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't have DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Rivals – Batman vs The Joker yet, it also integrates with Confrontations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay NoWay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm with you, though I mainly was drawn to it because I liked Rivals and wanted more playable characters and support for that format. My only gripe was that I was less familiar with some of the villains featured here, though I suppose some of it may have been avoiding re-hashing some of the villains featured in Forever Evil (Black Manta and Cheetah come to mind). I just wasn't excited really, to play as Ocean Master, Circe, or Felix Faust (the latter two of which I had to look up to remember who they were).

Hopefully this format gets more support in the future, with some more recognizable rivalries. I'd love to play Flash vs Zoom/Reverse Flash, as well. Hard to believe there's never been a Reverse Flash in DCDB.

I'd also, love to play as Hal Jordan vs Sinestro, or maybe Green Lantern Corps (Hal, John, Guy, Kyle) vs Sinestro Corps (Sinestro, Arkillo, and maybe Superboy Prime and Cyborg Superman? Mongul didn't join until after and it would seem weird to me to play as Anti-Monitor) if it were to be more Confrontation Style than Rival Style. It would even kind of be neat if there was a promos of "the Greatest Green Lantern, Thaal Sinestro." I'm spoiled though, because Green Lantern (especially Johns' run) was my favorite line, and it's gotten a lot of love already throughout the sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezrius wrote:
I'd also, love to play as Hal Jordan vs Sinestro, or maybe Green Lantern Corps (Hal, John, Guy, Kyle) vs Sinestro Corps

I'm still waiting for playable Red and Orange lanterns, maybe throw Black in there too? (Red Lantern Supergirl doesn't really count)

So one side could be Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Sinestro and Black Hand.

And as appropriate as it is, having one side be all Green Lanterns seems a little 'eh' to me. I know they'd have different abilities and everything, but...just seems off.

And going Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet seems like rehashing the Crisis 2 line-up.

Maybe go "War of the Green Lanterns" with a Yellow Hal, Red Guy, Indigo John, and Blue Kyle?
But then that both steps on the bad-guy colors, and doesn't 'story' match the bad guys.

Hmmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay, I'm in complete agreement with you. Confrontations is a perfect format for players to engage with the Sinestro Corps War storyline, and your suggestions for the opponents (Hal, Guy, John, Kyle vs. Sinestro, Arkillo, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman) is perfect. Equipment card options might be a little light (besides Rings and batteries, what do they use?) but tons of options for the other card types.

I don't feel the need for playable Atrocitus, Larfleeze, or anybody else -- I feel like Crisis 2 did a great job giving players the opportunity to play out the Blackest Night/Brightest Day storyline - although I fully admit I swapped Green Lantern from the base set with Booster Gold from HU as well as the Atrocitus and Sinestro Super-Villain cards so that they're all there. I have an extra copy of Crisis 1 and threw Crisis Aquaman, Crisis Wonder Woman, and Crisis Martian Manhunter in there to give even more options from that storyline in Crisis Mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you discussing a Green Lantern Confrontation/Rivals set:

https://youtu.be/gwiFjxsi2ns?t=10m18s

I am VERY curious now to know how they are using colors or the Assist mechanic to allow easier integration of Crisis 2 and Confrontations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, sweet. Glad to see this was announced at GAMA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:

I am VERY curious now to know how they are using colors or the Assist mechanic to allow easier integration of Crisis 2 and Confrontations.

Hmmm...
Considering it's Rivals 2, and it'll be 2 player, it's possible it might not have any Assist cards, to avoid confusion. "Can be played by your ally to help you??"

Then again, in a 1v1(v1) situation, there are rules to play an Assist on yourself. Maybe they'll just _really_ clean up the wording?

Also a little disappointed that it's Hal again, BUT since it's a Rivals-type product, I admit Hal was the better choice.
The announcement of this also likely decreases the chances of getting anything else "Lantern themed" any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Burns
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally with you, Grrarrrg. Just a bit cleaner wording on those Assist rules is going to go a long way.

Still, a wee bit disappointed that this won't be a big box with the four Green Lanterns vs. the Sinestro Corps folks. Perhaps they felt this is closer to what the market will bear, and I can't begrudge them that.

Flash vs. Reverse-Flash has got to be coming, I would think. Green Arrow vs. Deathstroke would be a fun one too. Captain Marvel vs. Black Adam would be awesome too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjburns3 wrote:
Still, a wee bit disappointed that this won't be a big box with the four Green Lanterns vs. the Sinestro Corps folks. Perhaps they felt this is closer to what the market will bear, and I can't begrudge them that.

Yeah the release is too close to Confrontations. Don't want to oversaturate the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:

Hadn't heard about that link; thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.