9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: I love Sefina rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the new scenario with this deck: https://arkhamdb.com/deck/view/108387

My draw included 4 events: Hot Streak, Hypnotic Gaze, Quantum Flux, Backstab (which were placed under her)

Opening hand included a Painted World, which I used to hot streak, Song of the Dead, and a Lockpick as well as Sneak Attack, Alchemical Transmutation, Unexpected Courage, Overpower, Quick Thinking.

Meant that I started with 12 resources, a lockpick for investigating, and song of the dead for enemies. I felt like a beast.

Spoilers for the scenario
Spoiler (click to reveal)
As lead investigator for the campaign, I had the man in the pallid mask following me the whole campaign so far. Finally found him. Started my turn.
Engage, Backstab (3 damage), move to adjacent location, took Sanity Damage on my Rosary from the AoO. Dragged him kicking and screaming into the corridor where he lost his bonus health as he wasn't in the chamber any longer, and therefore the 3 damage I had done, killed him.

Wendy and Rex were standing in the hallway. They basically saw Sefina run into an unknown room, and then come back out with the stupid masked man bleeding out while she screamed at him "TELL ME WHERE THE GATE IS!"

SOOO good. Hahahahaha. Best investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sauter
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I cannot speak for the new scenario since mine won’t get to me until tomorrow, but I can speak to Sefina being amazing! One of my current Carcosa campaigns is using her and she is spectacular to play! I’ve always been an asset kind of guy, but she’s made me take a good, hard look at events and showed me a different way to play and still enjoy it and do well. She is quickly rising to one of my favorite investigators!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like playing my version of Sefina. She is designed as a spell-slinger. Too bad she isn't allowed to upgrade the spells much.

Soakman, I'd like to see the deck, but I get a fail message:

"You are not allowed to view this deck. To get access, you can ask the deck owner to enable "Share your decks" on their account."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldritch Nyarlathotep
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Same.

Ran through a Core and Dunwich three-handed with Sefina, Skids, and Mark, and Sefina was definitely my favorite.

Similar note, I'm liking Norman a lot too, as he has a unique style all to his own as well.

Once you get past the initial strangeness of their deck builds and abilities, there is a lot of fun to be had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel almost guilty playing her. I think she may be a liiitle bit overpowered...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
I really like playing my version of Sefina. She is designed as a spell-slinger. Too bad she isn't allowed to upgrade the spells much.

Soakman, I'd like to see the deck, but I get a fail message:

"You are not allowed to view this deck. To get access, you can ask the deck owner to enable "Share your decks" on their account."

Done. The deck is a custom one that I built, I just didn't think I'd be linking any, haha.

Anyway, you should be good to view it now. It's kind of a hodgepodge, but it works really well for me.

She seems to have a lot of versatility. I love having adaptable on her because as I upgrade, I can swap out cards that may help balance her in whatever direction I feel is lacking. My current version is very resource heavy, but she can get away with rogue-y stabbing, or often with her random assortment of spells if needed.

An early version of her had 2x song of the dead and 2x ritual candles which was interesting, but you need hands for those lockpicks.

I'm thinking of swapping some things around to fit an Arcane Initiate or two in the deck as they will help me find my painted worlds. Dario could also be great, but that's really reliant on managing your resources and I kind of prefer being able to use them whenever I want without counting all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, SoakMan.
Your Sefina deck has LOTS more variability than mine.
Must be really interesting to play her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Thanks, SoakMan.
Your Sefina deck has LOTS more variability than mine.
Must be really interesting to play her.

It is. But because she has strong resource gain and any given event has the opportunity to be used up to 4 times in a scenario, she is incredibly flexible. I'm always nervous going in because I don't know quite what I'm going to get, but she hasn't fallen flat yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Leafman
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sefina is really fun to play, I agree. She's full of cool tricks.

The games where you have a poor opening draw and don't get anything good for your Painted Worlds are pretty rough, though. She seems really high-variance in that way.

She seems certain to get a lot stronger as more cards are released, because each new quality Rogue or Mystic event will make a massive difference for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.