11 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Championship rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ângelo Cossa
Brazil
flag msg tools
I am thinking on doing a small championship with some friends, i am pretty sure that with the Typhon bundle i have enoth units to run 4 simultaneous tables.
Any sugestion for rules? actually i would like a sugestion if in the end some players are tied with the same number of victories, as in the game you only have a winner and a loser, and no point system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would also love to hear how you go about choosing armies, i.e. what kind of draft you decide on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ângelo Cossa
Brazil
flag msg tools
nexbot wrote:
I would also love to hear how you go about choosing armies, i.e. what kind of draft you decide on.

I think the drafting system will take care of balancing, so i am just thinking of using the recruting cards to random build the avaliable units for each table.

Another option could be to dvide by theme, put an map with fire and related units, a map with water and related untis, and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have each table set up to use the core set and the expansions then add a few models from Pandora to make up the numbers. Do you have the expansion pack as you may run out of AoW cards and Omphalos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nexbot wrote:
From the momentn i use the recruitment card this is the only way of drafting!!!!!!
5 random gods/titans and random 40rp ofheroes/monsters/troops and you choose from these!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Might be good to divide the monsters and heroes based on their points count.

Give each group a selection of units with diverse points and abilities.

Could start with the core box + one big expansion of the initial two player's choice.

What remains could be kept for the next draft, with another big box of choice added and gaps can be filled with things from the Pandora's box.

And the fourth group could have the remains of the Pandora's box added to the draft.

If you plan this ahead of time and make all players aware of this drafting system then they can decide which group they want to be part of for drafting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some points from my plays today.

We had a 13 hour day of MBP today at our FLGS as part of a mini board game gathering. Out of 29 people visiting the gathering 8 people played MBP at least once, 7 played again immediately after their first game.

From one Typhon Pledge we had three prepared tables with 4 Divinites, 4 Heroes, 4 Monsters and 4 Troops ready to be drafted from the recruitment cards at all times.
With only plastic terrain we had to pick and choose the boards since there was not enough terrain to have two forest heavy boards for example. But with paper terrain boards can be randomized as you see fit.
With only 3 Troop choices per board we could have had a fourth board ready if we wanted.
The most fun game I had all day was the last one were me and my friend played two 1v1 boards simultaneously, Artemis vs Poseidon and Athena vs Ares. It was hectic, chaotic and LoL fun.

One Typhon pledge can support an 8 man tournament easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:

We had a 13 hour day of MBP today at our FLGS as part of a mini board game gathering. Out of 29 people visiting the gathering 8 people played MBP at least once, 7 played again immediately after their first game.

From one Typhon Pledge we had three prepared tables with 4 Divinites, 4 Heroes, 4 Monsters and 4 Troops ready to be drafted from the recruitment cards at all times.
With only plastic terrain we had to pick and choose the boards since there was not enough terrain to have two forest heavy boards for example. But with paper terrain boards can be randomized as you see fit.
With only 3 Troop choices per board we could have had a fourth board ready if we wanted.
The most fun game I had all day was the last one were me and my friend played two 1v1 boards simultaneously, Artemis vs Poseidon and Athena vs Ares. It was hectic, chaotic and LoL fun.

How did the new players enjoy it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They enjoyed it, since none of the new players were familiar with the game type at all (they came from strictly euros) there were some issues with getting their head around the tactical aspect of the game and the dice mechanic. But after the initial learning round - a 2v2 with one experienced and one new player on each side - we played the exact same setup again with a very different result. Second time around there were minor input from the "coaches".

One of the new ones came back later and won a 1v1v1 all on her own. She was very pleased about getting to play a tactical game and seeing her strategy and tactics develop and change on the battlefield.

Edit: Formatting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ângelo Cossa
Brazil
flag msg tools
Evil_X wrote:

Thanks for the report. The idea is exactly to do a 8 man tournament, but only 3 troops have me worried, i think it is too little i have to think this better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
galahadba wrote:
Evil_X wrote:

Thanks for the report. The idea is exactly to do a 8 man tournament, but only 3 troops have me worried, i think it is too little i have to think this better...

Three troops is totally fine, but if you are worried you can ban Pan and Hephaestus too free up two more recruitable troops. Possibly that makes 4 per table (need to count though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.