Hide
4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: how long to unlock new characters? is switching them out ok? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wizard Wizard
msg tools
Both my girlfriend and I have characters who look to take forever to unlock - will we be able to unlock all the classes in one playthrough? Can we try other starting classes and tag them in and out of the party if we want, or do we have to retire our initial characters first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Wildstar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it’s your game you can always alter it as you see fit. Others here have mentioned lowering the targets so as to make sure they get to experience more of the game.

As for starting characters, you can have as many as you want created anytime you’re in Gloomhaven and switch them out as you do different scenarios. Keep in mind when left out they wouldn’t build cup as quickly, but of course there’s nothing wrong with keeping everyone equal either. Again, it’s your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can make new characters from the unlocked classes whenever you want and swap them in; they all count as being in the same party.

One thing that could speed up retirement is if you have multiple characters and in each scenario, pick whichever one would advance their retirement goal the most playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Heath
Indonesia
Surabaya
flag msg tools
badge
My YouTube channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvB0rnW5_Aq0SjMT4PKQOYg
mbmbmbmbmb
ftl_ftw wrote:
You can make new characters from the unlocked classes whenever you want and swap them in; they all count as being in the same party.

One thing that could speed up retirement is if you have multiple characters and in each scenario, pick whichever one would advance their retirement goal the most playing it.

Yes exactly this,, I play solo 99% of the time using mostly 2 characters at a time and sometimes very rarely 3. I created my starting party using all the 6 base characters and just swap out as needed depending on whether the scenario I will be playing is relevant to a specific lifegoal. I played Tink and Crag for a long while then pulled in the MT when I noticed that I could probably retire him soon with the scenarios I had available to me. The crag retired soon after and so I have been playing with Sun and Cthulhu face icons. My Tink is now being recalled from the Sleeping Lion as I just unlocked a scenario that will further hos life goal.

TLDR

Create a full of the 6 starting character and rotate depending on lifegoal requrements and scenario relevance to said lifegoals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.