Hide
4 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rolling with no dice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Thomas
msg tools
So in this I amean Karl Wolf. My skill is 0 and I need to cleanse. I roll 0 dice but I have a blood shield. Can I roll my no dice to get the one result I needed or do I not becausee I have no dice? I'm stuck Wolf do to a card btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Turner
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rule you can't cleanse at 0 skill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd have to see the exact wording on Blood Shield, but I don't see why you can't attempt a cleanse with 0 skill.

1) The rules say a hero can attempt to cleanse an area as an action.

2) There is no further exceptions mentioned regarding characters with 0 skill.

3) Even with 0 skill it's possible to gain dice through teamwork.

4) It's possible to skip your action anyway, so it's not like this could ever be some weird corner case method of cheesing the rules.

5) For comparison, if you somehow get 0 attack, it has to be possible for the Sin to start a fight with you in order for the game to work,and if you can participate in a fight, there's no reason you can't start one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dapperghast wrote:
I'd have to see the exact wording on Blood Shield, but I don't see why you can't attempt a cleanse with 0 skill.

1) The rules say a hero can attempt to cleanse an area as an action.

2) There is no further exceptions mentioned regarding characters with 0 skill.

3) Even with 0 skill it's possible to gain dice through teamwork.

4) It's possible to skip your action anyway, so it's not like this could ever be some weird corner case method of cheesing the rules.

5) For comparison, if you somehow get 0 attack, it has to be possible for the Sin to start a fight with you in order for the game to work,and if you can participate in a fight, there's no reason you can't start one.

I've played you can clease with zero skill. You can also gain dice by taking a corruption to boost the roll, should those bonuses be available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.