Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Brophy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello,

Does the -2 DRM for S-400 batteries apply to strikes against Air Defense Tracks?

Thanks,

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
bbrophy75 wrote:
Hello,

Does the -2 DRM for S-400 batteries apply to strikes against Air Defense Tracks?

Thanks,

Bob
So you are playing with the rules from Supplement #1, because that is where that rule is?

No, the S-400 is not within 10 hexes of the ADF tracks, since they are not on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Brophy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Quote:
So you are playing with the rules from Supplement #1, because that is where that rule is?

No, the S-400 is not within 10 hexes of the ADF tracks, since they are not on the map.

So I can understand this answer from a rigid RAW view point. However S-400 batteries are considered within 10 hexes of installations on the strategic map. I am curious why the S-400 batteries would be unable to protect themselves?

Its pretty minor in the broad scheme of things, and requires the Rules Supplement anyway, but there is already some use of these Supplemental rules in GSR 5.5.3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Also in the Land Areas for the printed ones.

I think it is a play balance consideration. If they could protect themselves, then it would be OP.

I answered while Mitch and I were playtesting supplement 2 material, so it comes from him. Maybe he will be explain his thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's built in to the Strike Table. Note that ADF Tracks are significantly more difficult to hit. This is partially because they represent many systems other than the S-400s themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Brophy
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Toadkillerdog wrote:
It's built in to the Strike Table. Note that ADF Tracks are significantly more difficult to hit. This is partially because they represent many systems other than the S-400s themselves.

This answer makes a lot of sense.

Mitch & Ralph really appreciate you both for the quick answers, but also "peeling back the curtain" a little bit to show the design mechanics behind the various game systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.