Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Infinite reset game map on wood. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Palumbi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
So I got this idea from one of those YouTube videos that shows you how to transfer your photos onto wood. Having received my copy of Gloomhaven I been prepping for being able to play without making permanent changes to the components. I decided to tackle the game map first.

I printed out all the stickers and such on heavy stock glossy photo paper and I plan to you thumb tacks to stick them onto my newly created game map. It's a 2x2 piece of 1/4 in plywood. Mod Podge and that's pretty much it. the wood, glue and a brush was less than 15$ and took around an hour to do.

Had my daughter not gotten my table wet I would be minus 1 small gap which should be easy enough to fill in with some brown marker.

Time lapss of the project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VTswR1UWHQ

For some reason it looks like the wood is bowed. It's perfectly flat. Let me know what you think!

Note *Title should say infinite "reset" not rest. Exit wont let me change it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infinite rest game map on wood.
Pretty cool! I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Brockman
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
badge
It's a trap!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty cool!

I just thought of this...

What if you did the same thing but put the map on a piece of light weight metal. Then put the stickers on magnets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt M
United States
NoVA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkBrooklyn wrote:
This is pretty cool!

What if you did the same thing but put the map on a piece of light weight metal. Then put the stickers on magnets.

another person on the forums (I think Rolling Solo) did a printed & laminated map, and laminated locations and uses the blue tacky stuff to hold them on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks very cool.

you must have quite the game group if your Gloomhaven is apt to be reset an infinite amount of times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Palumbi
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
DarkBrooklyn wrote:
This is pretty cool!

I was actually considering using a piece of sheet metal as the backing to do just that. I just wasnt sure how long it would last with the sheet metal being flexible. I guess I could always secure it to a piece of wood though. A guy on youtube, who also made one amazing gaming table, has a video called "Blinging Gloomhaven". In the video he had the map printed on a single sheet of paper thats handing on some metal ductwork in his basement. He glued refrigerator magnet material laminated printouts of the stickers and just stick'em to the map that way. Pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1I04i8vF0&feature=youtu.be...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.