Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always said this would be a top 10 game of mind if WK did away with blind purchase. Now I will know what I am getting with each purchase and can compete casually and in more serious ways without spending a fortune to do it. I will buy into any Dice Masters that is released in this campaign box and team pack format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely the direction they seem to be going. I personally hope that they still maintain at least a few blind purchases to enable a Draft playstyle, because DM does a really cool Rainbow Draft format and it just doesn't work as well in the LCG format.

Don't forget that there's already been some existing product put out in this format that you may want to check out (along with some of the "meta" cards included):

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters (Casey Jones)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters: Heroes in a Half Shell (Basic Actions, Renet Tilley)

Marvel Dice Masters: Doctor Strange Team Pack (Wong)
Marvel Dice Masters: The Defenders Team Pack (Clea)
Marvel Dice Masters: Spider-Man Maximum Carnage Team Pack (Shriek)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:
This is definitely the direction they seem to be going. I personally hope that they still maintain at least a few blind purchases to enable a Draft playstyle, because DM does a really cool Rainbow Draft format and it just doesn't work as well in the LCG format.

Don't forget that there's already been some existing product put out in this format that you may want to check out (along with some of the "meta" cards included):

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters (Casey Jones)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters: Heroes in a Half Shell (Basic Actions, Renet Tilley)

Marvel Dice Masters: Doctor Strange Team Pack (Wong)
Marvel Dice Masters: The Defenders Team Pack (Clea)
Marvel Dice Masters: Spider-Man Maximum Carnage Team Pack (Shriek)

From a theme standpoint I have not interest in TMNT. The team packs I can look at to see what is coming in terms of the type of content, but without a base, I am not sure I will purchase. I know how to play the game and have several starters from the different Marvel and DC sets, but never got into chasing the boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to consider getting a Common/Uncommon set off eBay, that would be similar in content to a Campaign Box and probably cheaper.

The Team Packs (new and existing) aren’t necessarily “designed” to go with the “base” set, they are usually themed around a particular team or comic group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's going to be awhile before I see 40k factions I enjoy (Thousand Sons, Tyranids, Tau) get added. That could be a killer for me that keeps me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin vazquez
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
I didn't know I was waiting for this until I caught wind of it. I'm probably just going to jump the gun and pre order this and the team packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.