Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas DeWald
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there specific tips you could give about things I should pay attention to during the game or record. If so, how I should record them or what to look out for. All without any spoilers please.

Just got the game and my group and I will be diving in on Monday and I plan to make some art out of the game after we've finished. Just hope to hear some tips from those of you who have done this already.

Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Duncan
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't make any art out of my game yet, but having finished it I can say that you can easily just take things that are meant to be destroyed and put them in a separate envelope or container away from the game, rather than throwing them in the trash. Then when you are ready to make the art you can pull from those pieces if you think they are relevant.

Everything else you do to alter the game will only add to the personalization that you will want to display in the artwork, since it's what makes the game special to you and your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Many people - including me - reckon that physically destroying components adds to the visceral impact of the game. When you're supposed to tear something up, I recommend you really do tear it up.

Of course, you can then keep the torn-up cards somewhere. Incorporating a torn-up card or two in an artwork might add to the effect. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Many people - including me - reckon that physically destroying components adds to the visceral impact of the game. When you're supposed to tear something up, I recommend you really do tear it up.

Of course, you can then keep the torn-up cards somewhere. Incorporating a torn-up card or two in an artwork might add to the effect. (-8

I framed my finished board and I agree 100%.

I and the three other players signed the board with a silver pen, then I decorated some of the dead space on the map with character cards, objectives, game pieces, and, yes, *torn* cards which represented some of the most dramatic moments of the campaign.

The only "don't" I'd suggest is giving puerile names or easy pop culture reference labels to characters and diseases. Make the game your own, make it clever, and make it unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.