Chimera Station» Forums » Variants

Subject: Extending the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Pittman
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
This game is WAY too short! It's practically over before your engine even starts. Has anyone messed around with adding additonal rounds to the game? If we added like, three more rounds (with no round effects like the ones on 3 and 5), can anyone think of a way that would break the game? Or if anyone else has made a longer game work, did you do anything else besides just continue as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zoobooks wrote:
This game is WAY too short! It's practically over before your engine even starts.

Then you have to start your engine faster.

Honestly, I do not think that Chimera Station is too short. In round 5, you can get a lot of points with many workers, huge building bonusses and triggering a lot of side effects. The game length feels absolutely right for me. Are you sure that you did not make a rule error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zoobooks wrote:
This game is WAY too short! It's practically over before your engine even starts. Has anyone messed around with adding additonal rounds to the game? If we added like, three more rounds (with no round effects like the ones on 3 and 5), can anyone think of a way that would break the game? Or if anyone else has made a longer game work, did you do anything else besides just continue as normal?

You realize that the bonus points multiplication listed at round three is just when that bonus starts, right? It continues up until the 3x multiplication kicks in at round 5.

I think you would run out of modules with three more rounds!

Five feels about right to me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.