Rifles in the Ardennes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Suggested Corrections/Updates to "LIVING RULES" version 1.10.18 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Springsteen

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
Hello zak. I'm VERY impressed with your design and the fun of this game! (also hoping for more missions & expansions in the future).

I was pleased to support your effort by purchasing the full Tiny Battles Publishing version. I was happy to see the "Living Rules" (version 1.10.18 pdf) added to their site, but noticed a number of corrections/clarifications still needed in that version. I hope you take these comments/notes as they were intended... an attempt to help polish your fine game.

Table of Contents:
2.1 - (Page 5, not 4)
4.2 - (Page 9, not 8)
Hidden Units - (Page 10, not 9)
5.1 - (Page 10, not 9)
8.1 - (Page 11, not 10)
8.2 - (Page 11, not 10)

Page#/Section or topic - (Comment):
#3/AP - (is 1.4, not 3.2)
#3/CF - (is 4.2 or 1.4, not 3.4)
#3/EM is 2.1.1, not 2.11; also should reference 3.4)
#3/TN - (Not "Terrain Number", but "Target Number" and reference 1.4)
#4/16 LOS - (is 1.63, not 1.4)
#6/3.21 RP - (is see 3.7, not 3.6)

X

#7/3.5 ENEMY ADVANCE... This appears to be the most discussed and mis-understood rule! In a previous response on BGG, the designer provided the below clarification which was VERY GOOD. I strongly suggest replacing the ENEMY ADVANCE (3.5) wording in the rules with his clarification below:

"I'll re-phrase the sentence to clarify:

ENEMY ADVANCE:
Remove the COVER marker from the activated Enemy group (if any).
The Enemy group is moved one stripe toward the nearest Player group.
If an empty terrain Feature is present on the stripe (i.e. a feature with no units attached to it), the Enemy group will move adjacent to it (priority: best TN).
If no empty Terrain Features are presents and Player forces are on the stripe, place a COVER marker on the advancing Enemy Group.
That way when the enemy moves into a stripe with a friendly, it gains protection either way."

X

Example of Play
Page #18/2.6 - (Delete 2.6 as it is a cut&paste error from previous page)
Page #20/3.5 - ERROR? (Since the Enemy LMG Unit was previously SUPPRESSED (-1 drm), I believe the enemy would be facing a "Hopeless" Attack" situation, and would therefore change to "ADVANCE" instead of firing... and, with no available protective Terrain Feature to move on to in the player occupied Strip #5, would then go to a "COVERED" state in Strip #5 and end it's turn.

Hope these notes/comments are correct & helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom

thanks for the notes: I'll review them with the publisher to update the living rules asap.

Zak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Tom for the suggestions and the work you put into this.

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D.
United States
flag msg tools
Sola Fide.
badge
Remembering the men of the USS Frank E. Evans.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elmerson wrote:
Hello zak. I'm VERY impressed with your design and the fun of this game! (also hoping for more missions & expansions in the future).

I was pleased to support your effort by purchasing the full Tiny Battles Publishing version. I was happy to see the "Living Rules" (version 1.10.18 pdf) added to their site, but noticed a number of corrections/clarifications still needed in that version. I hope you take these comments/notes as they were intended... an attempt to help polish your fine game.

[snip]
Hope these notes/comments are correct & helpful!

Awesome job with this. I was creating an Errata file this morning, when I decided to come here and check if there already was one. I'm really glad I did!

I'll also add a typo on the Army Sheet Overview card: Lower left corner - "Partol" should be "Patrol."

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've been using Dropbox's collaboration feature to add my comments/corrections directly to the Living Rules linked to via:

https://tinybattlepublishing.com/products/rifles-in-the-arde...

Is that not the preferred way to submit feedback? (i just kind of assumed it was, since following the Living Rules link opens the doc in Dropbox's collaboration mode.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the rule updated yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Y
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to this, I think Mission 2 Setup should be "Pick Event Markers 1 through 7" (instead of 8) since 8 isn't used. Though I guess the missions are in the living rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.