Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heroes remove 1 from the location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
So barty crouch Jr. Says that heroes cannot remove a villains control token from the location. Would you still remove one when you kill a different Gillian?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No whatever tells you to remove a skull has no effect ... he is very annoying!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Glambeck
msg tools
That's what I thought but was being contested so I thought I would post here
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Chappell
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter’s name is Gillian. Make sure you don’t go after her! 😆
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannah Bunce
msg tools
Avatar
This came up in a game we played just a few hours ago. We house-ruled it that because the villains' defeat actions removed the token NOT the Heroes' actions, it is valid to remove it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Temple
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mb
hannardynamite wrote:
This came up in a game we played just a few hours ago. We house-ruled it that because the villains' defeat actions removed the token NOT the Heroes' actions, it is valid to remove it.


Defeating a villain is an action the Heroes take during their action phase of the turn, and thus the rewards gained are gained by the heroes. So, the dark mark being removed is always removed by the hero, and therefore would be blocked.

Similar to gaining 1 heart. The villains don't gain a heart.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
temple wrote:
hannardynamite wrote:
This came up in a game we played just a few hours ago. We house-ruled it that because the villains' defeat actions removed the token NOT the Heroes' actions, it is valid to remove it.


Defeating a villain is an action the Heroes take during their action phase of the turn, and thus the rewards gained are gained by the heroes. So, the dark mark being removed is always removed by the hero, and therefore would be blocked.

Similar to gaining 1 heart. The villains don't gain a heart.


Andrew has said in other posts than villain abilities block all hero abilities AND rewards from defeating villains.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LudoH wrote:
No whatever tells you to remove a skull has no effect ... he is very annoying!


First game yesterday and he came up near the end when we were 2 villain tokens away from defeat. Very annoying indeed.

Then again I don't know whether I'd like him early game or late game. Feel like an early Crouch might push you quickly into the "2 dark arts drawn"-location (whereas we now managed to hang on long and build up our decks)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudoH LudoH
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If he is early AND the others are not tough, meaning you can focus on him, it is fine because of the reward. If he is early with another annoying one, you might have a very tough start!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.