Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using Agricola as an ( English) language teaching aide for some time now, so far mainly with Chinese students.

( FWIW, I believe it would be an excellent resource to build conversational confidence in ANY language .... !)

My students like it very much, and are easily engaged, even on first sight.

I did notice tho, when I attempted to explain the design features that make it so "immersive", that there was not much background in Mandarin / Chinese
that I could refer them to [ I don't speak or read any Chinese, myself]

In particular, I was disappointed to find NO article at Wikipedia ( Chinese), tho there IS a short article on "German Games" https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BE%B7%E5%BC%8F%E6%A1%8C%E4...

So far, I have a PDF copy of the base rules in Mandarin ; as well as translation of the E, I, K decks.( I found them here at BGG).

If anyone can recommend any further Chinese resources, I'll be grateful - especially for a short (?) WP article !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.