Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Carpenter
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
So i received my copy today (looks awesome) and i was going through the cards and found an extra Fable card called "Magic Lamp" (this is not found in the rule book and i believe makes 57 cards, whereas the box and rule book specify 56 cards are included). I don't think this card is playable because it makes mention of a "genie fable card", which is not included or mentioned in the rule book. Is there something i missed or is there possibly something to look forward to?! Or was this card added accidentally?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Vergonjeanne
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerekBC wrote:
So i received my copy today (looks awesome) and i was going through the cards and found an extra Fable card called "Magic Lamp" (this is not found in the rule book and i believe makes 57 cards, whereas the box and rule book specify 56 cards are included). I don't think this card is playable because it makes mention of a "genie fable card", which is not included or mentioned in the rule book. Is there something i missed or is there possibly something to look forward to?! Or was this card added accidentally?!

Search better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try rubbing the lamp card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grimm Forest is a Cave of Wonders! There are many treasures buried inside the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carpenter
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
crimsonandwhite wrote:
The Grimm Forest is a Cave of Wonders! There are many treasures buried inside the box.

Very nice. I got a hint when Vincent said look harder! I even considered doing what Randy said and was about to rub the lamp... But then found the hidden surprise! I love the puns that are throughout the game and how the characters and cards have actions that make sense to what that character would do! Thanks Druid City Games for the awesome effort and love put into this game! Tim, awesome work on the concept and the artwork is gorgeous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Harless
United States
Riverbank
California
flag msg tools
No extra card in my box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Carpenter
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Barsinister wrote:
No extra card in my box!

Search deeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Page
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
My box contained 58 cards. One card was the Genie which was sleeved and "hidden" under a sheet of cardboard which lined the bottom of the box.

(Now, I'm wondering if I should go out to the trash and search through the Druid City box in which the game was shipped. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, did I really miss the Genie card? I think I've to check something when I knock off work later today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I saw a facebook post about this so called Genie card. The post stated it is hidden in the box. I searched the internet to see if there was any mention of the location of this "Genie" card. I purchased this game last Saturday. I noticed this Facebook post on Wednesday, and being I didn't see anything on the interweb regarding it's specific location I was anxious to get off of work to go on a search for this legendary card.

I get home and my twins are home, both of which love this game. I told them the story of this mystical hidden card and so I grabbed the box flipped off the lid and we searched, we looked under every insert and DARN not luck. I took the punched boards from underneath the insert as per instructions on the boards themselves to place them there, and what is this.......................................................................

I won't spoil the rest, but WE FOUND IT!!!!!

The kids thought this was the coolest thing and wished more board games would do this type of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Smith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
We do NOT have the Genie card. We dug all the way down, past the white sheet in the bottom to a completely empty box bottom and nothing. What I need to know is if EVERYONE is getting a genie or just the kickstarter backers. I purchased my game retail and have some brick house components missing as well. Since you can only fill out ONE missing/broken components form I would like to know if I may legitimately ask for a genie card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
AmethystJewel wrote:
We do NOT have the Genie card. We dug all the way down, past the white sheet in the bottom to a completely empty box bottom and nothing. What I need to know is if EVERYONE is getting a genie or just the kickstarter backers. I purchased my game retail and have some brick house components missing as well. Since you can only fill out ONE missing/broken components form I would like to know if I may legitimately ask for a genie card.

Hopefully by now you've found it. I just bought a retail copy from Barnes and Noble and have the genie card. I will point out that I had 2 pieces of cardboard to pull out in the bottom of the box to get to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Smith
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I did not find it in the box because it actually was missing, but the customer service request promptly sent me the card and the missing house components. I was VERY impressed with how quickly they were sent/delivered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You saved me! Hahaha! Thank you!

jjloc wrote:
I saw a facebook post about this so called Genie card. The post stated it is hidden in the box. I searched the internet to see if there was any mention of the location of this "Genie" card. I purchased this game last Saturday. I noticed this Facebook post on Wednesday, and being I didn't see anything on the interweb regarding it's specific location I was anxious to get off of work to go on a search for this legendary card.

I get home and my twins are home, both of which love this game. I told them the story of this mystical hidden card and so I grabbed the box flipped off the lid and we searched, we looked under every insert and DARN not luck. I took the punched boards from underneath the insert as per instructions on the boards themselves to place them there, and what is this.......................................................................

I won't spoil the rest, but WE FOUND IT!!!!!

The kids thought this was the coolest thing and wished more board games would do this type of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.