Hide
9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Slenderman vs armored strangers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste M
msg tools
Hi I am at the 1st sessione of kdm. We are at ly 3. I already have slenderman and i understand it is better than armored stranger. Is it ok to skip armored stramger since the start and go directly with slenderman?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Weber
msg tools
Yes the rulebook for Slenderman tells you to replace events and how.

Kingsman sucks but maybe you should try him first campaign at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked King's Man the first time we fought him. We just fought the level 2 version yesterday and I can see the fight becoming stale and annoying rather quickly.

I would suggest playing the core game without any expansions during your first campaign though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
Star Slayer wrote:
I would suggest playing the core game without any expansions during your first campaign though.

If you already have 1-2 extra quarries (especially ones that enhance the mid to late game like the Sunstalker and DBK) I would never recommend going with an unchanged core game experience. Honestly the 30 year campaign should have come with 4-5 quarries in order to keep variety up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
Well sadly i dont have extra quarries yet... even if end of february I should get expansions of 2nd wave. Pratically all minus lion knight. But since probably once I end the game I would not play again for a long time. I was asking, i miss a lot of cool content switching armored stranger and kingsman for slenderman or in the end they are the same I mean lorewise.
will it make the game difficult/less difficult
Will it gives overall less frustation and more fun?

Then i will try armored stranger in another 2 or 3 years

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harold D
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Personally If you aren't going to do another playthrough for a long time after this, then its diffently better to put slenderman instead of armored strangers. 1) slenderman doesnt come with the kings curse which is may seem like a cool thing at first til mid-late game armor surpasses it without costing you a survivor.
2.) The rewards for the kingsman are pretty shit like not worth it levels the halberd is the only real prize from that fight and your not guaranteed to obtain it and later on you can have it taken away from you. The rewards for fighting slenderman are far better and it promotes back tracking to haunt the lion for the level 1 armor from slenderman the bracelets

3.) Slenderman just does more for your game party interaction wise, my friends like him way more than the fight aagainst the armored strangers if anything you can introduce him the year directly after the armored strangers if you really wanna get that OG experience

4.) The only real con to running slenderman is that level 3 can party wipe you pretty much instantly if you havent managed your insanity in preparation for the fight

TL:DR : slender is better/ you can introduce him after armored strangers and lose nothing at all from doing so. His settlement location is good for spamming core game quarry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xeno112 wrote:

4.) The only real con to running slenderman is that level 3 can party wipe you pretty much instantly if you havent managed your insanity in preparation for the fight

Not that it makes it "easy", but you may have overlooked the rule in the showdown that you always reset everybody to 0 insanity at the beginning, so there's nothing to "manage" per se going in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste M
msg tools
So I can introduce it afer armored strangers? It doesn't replace the event?

What do you mean by the ful OG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefano1234 wrote:
So I can introduce it afer armored strangers? It doesn't replace the event?

Nothing in the expansion process tends to be very mandatory, so you could theoretically choose to do both if you wanted. The intended change in the rules is to replace it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.