Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need your help about the Rout rule (manual p17), please :

1) When the first force in a battle routs, you have to randomly select a friendly controlled or uncontrolled area adjacent to the battle area : How do you do this, with a dice roll ?

2) The manual says that this procedure applies to mobile Enemy forces and French units that voluntarily retreats out of the battlefield : Does that procedure also applies to French (unvoluntary) routs ?

3) In case of a (french or enemy) rout, does EACH unit must select a Random valid area to retreat (Thus resulting in having forces scattered on the map), or does this procedure only apply to the First unit that retreats, and all the following forces are put in the same region as that where went the first one ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Random = Dice rolls (this game is all about dice rolls laugh)

3) You don't scatter the troops because 1 roll for the entire army (not for 3 of them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In further response to your questions #2 and #3, see Rules page 17, right column, 1st and 3rd paragraphs. The process describes the procedure for both French and enemy involuntary Routs.

"When a side’s Forces Rout,... All its Mobile Forces must choose the Retreat Battle Plan until they all exit the Battlefield ... ".

"If a Force moves behind its Reserve Region it exits the Battle. As each Force exits the Battle, return the Mobile Enemy Forces to one randomly selected friendly controlled or uncontrolled Area adjacent to the Battle Area." (emphasis added)

The 4th paragraph then permits you to use the above (involuntary) procedure for any French voluntary Retreats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Marco and Jim !

About my thid question, what misled me was probably that for me the important words in this following sentence were : "As each Force exits the Battle, return the Mobile Enemy Forces to one randomly selected friendly controlled or uncontrolled Area adjacent to the Battle Area."
(my proper emphasis added )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.