Subject: Scouts use / activation rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook p.14 explains that you can "discard 1 scout counter to re-roll an Activation die roll" .

This particular use of the Scout counters is located just under the "Insight Activation" chapter in the rulebook : Does that means that you only can use scout counters to re-roll Napoleon's Insights rolls, or can all the Battle plans activation rolls be re-rolled with scouts ?

Thank you for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Gabrielli
Italy
Ascoli
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use them to reroll FoW and Insight activation's rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Painmaker87 wrote:
You can use them to reroll FoW and Insight activation's rolls.

If i understand you well, Marco , that means that you CANNOT for example use a scout during a battle to re-roll a Charge order which you just failed to activate (because it's not an Insight activation roll, just a 'normal' Order's activation roll) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Fog of War die rolls, see Rules page 8, right column, Scout Counters. Scouts can also be used to reroll enemy Orders rolls; see Rules page 19, right column. There is no mention in the Rules of using Scouts to reroll Battle Plan Activation die rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
franck Leopold
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jascps wrote:
Regarding Fog of War die rolls, see Rules page 8, right column, Scout Counters. Scouts can also be used to reroll enemy Orders rolls; see Rules page 19, right column. There is no mention in the Rules of using Scouts to reroll Battle Plan Activation die rolls.

Thank you, Jim !
So, to recapitulate, if i have understood you correctly, the only three authorized uses for Scouts in the game are :

● Re-roll the Fog of War die roll (p.8)
● Re-roll an Insight activation die roll (p.14)
● Re-roll an Enemy Order's die roll on the Enemy orders chart (p.19),

and it is forbidden to use one of your scouts to re-roll one of your Battle Plans / Default order's Activation rolls .
Am i right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your summary is correct. I find no other use in the rules for the Scouts other than the three you outlined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.