Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jérémy Zurcher
Switzerland
Yverdon-les-Bains
Vaud
flag msg tools
Hi,

card and playbook says : Train in any POP 1+ space with Government control and Troops and Police.

Rule book says in 3.2.1 and 5.1.7 : Train in any Sector with Government control and Troops and Police.

it's 50/50, my preference goes for the POP 1+ Sectors,
but then I'll have to update that nice cheatsheet : https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/gmtwebsiteassets/colonial...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

That's an editing slip in the rules.

Follow the card and player aid card and playbook text, which all specify Pop 1+ spaces with Government control and Troops and Police.
(Also: 5.1.1 "Where Event text contradicts rules, the Event takes precedence".).

The only difference between the two is whether you can place Algerian cubes in a Pop 0 Sector... not really sure when it would be efficient for you to do that, unless you wanted some green cubes in the few Pop 0 Border Sectors.
If you really want to put Algerian cubes in a Pop 0 Sector via a Train, you can still do that if the Sector has a Government Base in it.

Thanks,

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérémy Zurcher
Switzerland
Yverdon-les-Bains
Vaud
flag msg tools
thanks a lot Brian,
for the game and for the answer !

I agree that sending green cubes in Pop 0 Sectors is not one the finest move the Government player could imagine.

I just happen to notice that while auditing the above said cheatsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it is not a smart move, but players should not think that the rules will prevent them from doing pointless things.

Thanks for catching the slip.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.