Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the games does look "fresh" and the sand-timer adds a lot to the theme, like a real movie sequence.
What disappointed me was the rulebook, which could have been far more straight forward.
So after my 1st group's first play (which we did enjoy), I got a few questions:

1. Montage cards - In montage face you draw 3 cards from your personal deck. Those cards are discarded after being played or reshuffled?
If they are discarded, why in expert mode you have to remove from the game 2 out of those 3 , since the whole deck is 9 cards which are fairly enough to draw for the 3 Montage phases?

2. Clear all minions - If you have attacked a den in which you killed all the minions (but not the boss) you can discard a vengeance card to get the Dens points. This card must be matching the same gang type (e.g red) of the Den's boss?

3. Moving while in combat - If I want to go to a different room via moving (and not runing), do I get hurt points if a minion is alive, or this happens only when I run?

4.Combos - Assuming that I have a minion with 2 health standing in the next room, my dice are a knife, a move and a pistol....Can I shoot him and then move to enter the room and stab him ? (thus 2 hits are scored).

5.One Montage card of a hero says "Reveal 2 bosses in play"..Is that intended or it is "Look at 2 bosses in play"? I mean, if I reveal 2 bosses that seems that everyone benefits from that and not only the player with the specific Montage card.

I think thats all at the moment, the game looks great and Im looking forward for the expansions as well.

Thanks in advance!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
1) In normal mode, you get the 6 non hardcore montage cards. You select 3 of those 6 to play and get all of those back for future montage phases.

In hardcore mode, you add the 3 hardcore mode montage cards, for a total of nine. In hardcore mode you are right that you discard two of yout 3 chosen montage cards.

In either mode, you always chose from all available montage cards. There is no drawing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
The answers are indeed explained in the rules as follows (with the rules quoted)

Quote:
2. Clear all minions - If you have attacked a den in which you killed all the minions (but not the boss) you can discard a vengeance card to get the Dens points. This card must be matching the same gang type (e.g red) of the Den's boss?

Page 16 - Any Vengeance card from that gang qualifies for this method, even if the boss card does not match. (The card must have been played previously though so can't come from your hand.)...so, yes.

Quote:
3. Moving while in combat - If I want to go to a different room via moving (and not runing), do I get hurt points if a minion is alive, or this happens only when I run?

Page 12 - Move Action - Unlike the Run action, enemies do not deal damage to the Hero if they move out of an occupied zone...so, no hurt points if you move.

Quote:
4.Combos - Assuming that I have a minion with 2 health standing in the next room, my dice are a knife, a move and a pistol....Can I shoot him and then move to enter the room and stab him ? (thus 2 hits are scored).

Page 12, right column, bottom paragraph - Damage does not persist between fight rolls. Enemies with more than 1 health must be killed in a roll or they will return to full health. However, damage assigned from different fight dice, items, and abilities to a single enemy in a roll all count towards the damage tally for that roll....so, yes this combo (as long as it is in a single fight roll) works.

Quote:
5.One Montage card of a hero says "Reveal 2 bosses in play"..Is that intended or it is "Look at 2 bosses in play"? I mean, if I reveal 2 bosses that seems that everyone benefits from that and not only the player with the specific Montage card.

For Shadowman - this special effect (there are actually 2, one is on a hardcore montage card) are on the cards that give speed and 0 Recon. I can see the value of the cards to reveal Dens that others have looked at with a prior recon action (so reduced benefit to the other player) and then using speed to try to move first for the advantage. I see nothing wrong with reveal being intended as the speed (chance to move first) offsets the reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
badge
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.