Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolau Tudela
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey,

Just got the Scythe Legendary Box from Maldito Games.

The customer service was good and I don't have any complaints about them.

But I'm a little bit disappointed with some aspects of the product.

The disappointment is in the way that the packaging team did their job, as the boxes inside were tightly packed and had dents. I assume was in the process.

Another minor gripe is the alignment of the outside illustrations, as You'll be able to see 3 out of 4 sides don't fully close and one of the sides have a clearly mismatched illustration.

As this box costed me around 25 - 30$ (just a box w/ 3 boxes inside)and it's suppose to be a 'collector' thing, I'd assume the production team would put extra care and that the buyer would receive it (at least) in good quality.

But yeah, maybe I'm being a little bit too critical, as the 3 boxes are supposed to be replaced with the components of the actual game. And again, there's the argument of "It's just a box".

Overhaul, though I'm impressed by the quality of the cardboard used in the main box, and the gorgeous illustration from Jakob Rozalski, I'm not fully satisfied with the product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Bunch
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The corner of my large outer box was split and the company I purchased it from said they had no more and couldn't do anything for me. I am pretty bummed that there is a five inch corner split that makes the box pretty much unusable unless I mess it up with tons of tape and glue. I don't care that the inner boxes were completely smashed because I don't plan to use them.

At this point I still have the legendary box in its original shipping box and am not sure if I even want to use it. I will probably keep it, but I may just throw it away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caleb: Which company? Each of the retailers we worked with was committed to delivering the boxes (the main box) in perfect condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Bunch
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, I don't want to throw them under the bus because I have had good experiences with them in the past, so I just pm'd you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shan Rievan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mine doesn't align properly too and many reported this. It should be part of the manufacturing process where the print folds into the box. These boxes are made by hand (there are videos that can be entertaining to see how they pack game boxes).

My 3 smaller boxes were mangled but recoverable. Now this is because it was packed tightly at the bottom. When anyone squeezes the middle portion of the box, it affects the contents.

I would agree that the box could have been better but overall the sheer size and beauty of it is enough for me to believe it is a quality product made for fans by a company proud to have us. You are possibly holding one of the very few legendary boxes. Now that is epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex michaud
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
my only disappointment is the 3 box inside are too big. i feel i will thorn them when i try to pull them out every time...
but they are still usefull!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Braun
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly question, but what does "thorning" something mean? Is this Canadian or British slang? I know by context you probably mean "mess it up", but I like etymology, and this one puzzles me. Google didn't help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolau Tudela
Portugal
Porto
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sliderift wrote:
Mine doesn't align properly too and many reported this. It should be part of the manufacturing process where the print folds into the box. These boxes are made by hand (there are videos that can be entertaining to see how they pack game boxes).

My 3 smaller boxes were mangled but recoverable. Now this is because it was packed tightly at the bottom. When anyone squeezes the middle portion of the box, it affects the contents.

I would agree that the box could have been better but overall the sheer size and beauty of it is enough for me to believe it is a quality product made for fans by a company proud to have us. You are possibly holding one of the very few legendary boxes. Now that is epic.

I wasn't trying to bash on anyone, I'm sorry if my writing transpired that. Just a little bit sad really. I'll admit, being an illustrator/graphic designer myself, that this kind of manufactory mistakes bothers me a little bit more than maybe most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dalembraun wrote:
Silly question, but what does "thorning" something mean? Is this Canadian or British slang? I know by context you probably mean "mess it up", but I like etymology, and this one puzzles me. Google didn't help me.

(dyac)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
dalembraun wrote:

(dyac)

You made me google

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.