Levi Franklin
msg tools

Hello and thanks for joining! This will serve as a frequently updated data hub for BATTLE GROUNDS: Card Game.

Lets get started!
BATTLE GROUNDS rulebook draft version 2.0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3002jiwpdtegl1/images.pdf?dl=0
BATTLE GROUNDS rulebook draft version 2.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t548m50265b7ux2/images%20%282%29.p...

BATTLE GROUNDS Print and Play version 2.0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3em88vhof0ug8fm/images%20%281%29.p...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++STILL IN TESTING++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Currently I'm testing 10 unique champions you can play as, I'll post some below, they add a little more complexity to the game and gives you that RPG feel.

Like I mentioned above there will be 10 playable characters since the game is rated for 2-10 players. When playing with the champion cards you simply shuffle them up and distribute them. Which can add even more replay value to the game, if you're playing with 5 players game 1 and game 2 could play completely different depending which champions you're playing with.

One thing I would love some opinions on is how the effect mechanic should play out...

Lets use the example above. It's a 3 person game, one player has an effect that allows the player to have stronger draw power than the other players, one allows the player to have stronger Battle Axe attacks than other players, and the last one allows a player to heal much faster than the other players.

At first I thought this would need to be balanced with HP changes. For example if a character is almost always out classing other champion cards, decrease the HP from 25 to maybe 20.

However... From what I've played, the game already has such a strong randomness mechanic that no one single champion is standing out in games.

So here's the question... Should I keep the champion mechanic as is or should I change it to more of a Mortal Kombat handicap system. So instead of each player having their own perk ALL players gain the effect stated on each card? So in the instance above ALL players draw 1 card when someone plays a +2 card, ALL players do additional damage with Battle Axes, and ALL players have a health potion multiplier?

What do you think?
Leave your opinion on the matter below!

Thank each and every one of you for checking out this thread, all feedback, both positive and negative, is much needed! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns that you don't feel comfortable about posting in the comments do not hesitate to message me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++COMING SOON++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) Complete list of Champion cards with Print and Play versions.
2) Complete list of Boss monsters with Print and Play versions.(Boss battles add a third unique mechanic where players team up to face low, medium, and high level bosses. I'm super excited to show this one to you guys!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Franklin
msg tools
======================================Upcoming Updates======================================

1) Draw 2 card redesign
2) Switch and Switcharoo redesign
3) Addition of a symbol system that will allow colorblind players to play the game with ease.
4) Playing around with the idea of having text boxes on each card to help smoothness of the game.
5) Swapping out small amount of spell cards for all new weapon cards with unique effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.