Subject: Night raids and damage/wounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I played this game for the first time this morning with 2 players who had played it before.

We got hit by a night raid for 4 Damage and 4 Wounds, having 1 Character in the Guard post.

When checking for the results, one of the other player told us we could choose what to lose, that is the total was 8 and we could distribute the points either losing wounds or items/tokens as we thought fit.

I objected that the card was very clear and each kind of "harm" was to be applied separately and we could only choose which kind(s) to lessen if we rolled good with the weapon dice and for the boards.

Who is right?

Thx in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. Damage is tokens lost from storage. Wounds are wounds on characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
How do you define "boardgame addiction"?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? We may be playing wrong then. In this scenario of the night raid (4 damage + 4 wounds) If you had 2 board-ups and roll 3 knives could you not evade 4 wounds and 1 token (losing 3 tokens) OR choose to evade 4 tokens and 1 wound (taking 3 damage)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaydash808 wrote:
Really? We may be playing wrong then. In this scenario of the night rade (4 damage + 4 wounds) If you had 2 board-ups and roll 3 knives could you not evade 4 wounds and 1 token (losing 3 tokens) OR choose to evade 4 tokens and 1 damage (taking 3 damage)?

I was perhaps unclear. It sounded to me like the OPs friend wanted to lump wounds and damage together in a pool of 8 points and discard tokens or take wounds however they like (which seems patently wrong)

The real method is to roll your dice for your guards and get # of results (or possibly cancel card entirely with hatchet or shotgun) you add boardups to # that then is the ammount you may subtract, in any manner you wish from the wounds and/or damage suffered as you like. You can focus on saving yourself, saving your stuff, or a little of both

I hope I wrotie out better this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
How do you define "boardgame addiction"?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh great. I see what you were driving at now. Yeah I am in agreement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

I was perhaps unclear. It sounded to me like the OPs friend wanted to lump wounds and damage together in a pool of 8 points and discard tokens or take wounds however they like (which seems patently wrong)

Yes, that was the question. Thanks very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Vassallo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Simone.
I'm the player you played with!
I thought back to the move and I confirmed that it is right as you say, in fact, our character is dead!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toscano wrote:
Hello Simone.
I'm the player you played with!
I thought back to the move and I confirmed that it is right as you say, in fact, our character is dead!

Yep, anyway it's just better to get some confirmation to clear every doubts we can have.
A complex game sometimes requires a better explaination.

See ya soon for the next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Vassallo
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, I saved the game.
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.