Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Nazgul use the "additional" movement from information tokens, I don't know exactly what they mean. I understand that they need to use a die to do this and it uses up their "action," but is their action moving once or is their action increasing their movement potential by one.

That may seem to be a distinction without a difference, but consider the following:

The Nazgul is on the road. He moves three spaces, and then uses a die to increase his movement total by one which must be used on the road.

vs.

The Nazgul is on the road. He will take a road movement to move three spaces, then use a die to "move" once along a path.

See? Different. Which one is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible they mean once along the path as in, continuing along the same path of travel, or Re they talking about the specific path route shown on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Road movement allows movement up to 3 spaces, if the movement is entirely along a road. The normal movement (up to 3 spaces) must satisfy this requirement. The Black Riders ability allows the Nazgul to "move 1 additional step." It doesn't matter what the base movement was. If the normal movement was on a road, the additional movement may be on a path.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I thought so. I just wish they called it "move one step" instead of "move one additional step." You can use your actions at any time, so you should be able to use the black rider ability to move to the road and then move three times as well. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.