Subject: Foam spacers in the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Price
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have missed this, but was wondering the purpose of the foam spacers in the box. They take up probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the box, so was wondering if they were for future expansion or just to fill space based on the other sizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine you would need the extra space should you opt to sleeve your cards. As it is, I haven't sleeved, yet am only utilizing one of the foam spacers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes if you sleeve, you won't need the foam. I appreciate that there's an solution for both sleevers and non-sleevers and the box is still so compact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they also keep the cards upright and leave room for an expansion.

I put all the ink, removers and colored tokens in a deck-size tin and put it at one end and one of the foam pieces at the other to protect the cards from being bent by the lid going on. I love the hard score board which will protect the rules from being smushed which is a problem with Paperback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webdad wrote:
I may have missed this, but was wondering the purpose of the foam spacers in the box. They take up probably 1/4 to 1/3 of the box, so was wondering if they were for future expansion or just to fill space based on the other sizing.

As suggested by others, both. This game is similar to Legendary, which I love -- you need something to take up the space, room for expansion, but it's variable. So foam works perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the box is about the same size as the box for Paperback and Burgle Bros. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:

I put all the ink, removers and colored tokens in a deck-size tin

Where did you get the tin? Is an Altoids or something like that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried fitting both paperback and hardback in one case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Race Bannon wrote:
Sam Houston wrote:

I put all the ink, removers and colored tokens in a deck-size tin

Where did you get the tin? Is an Altoids or something like that?

I have a drawer with plastic, cardboard, and metal containers suitable for game bits. When I get a new game that can use one or more, I open the drawer and shop. The runner-up in this case was a bandaid tin of the same size, but the theme wasn't right.

(short answer: no idea)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Burns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you add in the Paperback expansion it eliminates the need for the foam inserts. I am sure there will be a Hardback Expansion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Butler
United States
Paynesville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Altoids box/can is the perfect size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.